Most improved player of the season....

Agree with the calls for Lescott but Zabaleta deserves more of a mention for me.

I used to worry when he started games, especially against the bigger teams. Always thought he was a red card waiting to happen. I know he doesn't start a lot of games but I feel you can rely on him now and he has improved a lot. He seems like he has adapted to English football now. I don't know how it's possible but he also seems quicker! Not a lot of players get past him. This is probably just down to improved positional sense though.

HollinwoodBlue said:
Agree with the calls for Lescott but Zabaleta deserves more of a mention for me.

I used to worry when he started games, especially against the bigger teams. Always thought he was a red card waiting to happen. I know he doesn't start a lot of games but I feel you can rely on him now and he has improved a lot. He seems like he has adapted to English football now. I don't know how it's possible but he also seems quicker! Not a lot of players get past him. This is probably just down to improved positional sense though.

Lescott :-)

blue.behind.enemy.lines said:
Barry! I was so worried when Yaya left for the African Cup of Nations, but he really stepped up his game, carried the midfield ever since. He's as one footed as they come but he doesn't get half the credit he deserves.

Barry has been pretty consistent and has been vital to our passing game, but I think he hasn't improved too much, he was in this type of form last season, the difference is he has become more vital to the style we played this season IMO.

I think I'd have to go with Clichy over Lescott, but it's a close call. A major factor is that Lescott only ever seems to pass the ball backwards!! Dont get me wrong, I prefer it to hoofing the ball up the pitch but he sometimes seems a bit panicky and just automatically passes backwards instead of looking for better passes that are on.

I'm gonna be controversial and say Dzeko at the start of the season he was on fire. Last season he was terrible he is begining to the part regardless of the demics who put him down.

Couldn't agree more with that to be honest, lescott's improved in leaps and bounds this season and hopefully it'll carry into next season and can cement him a regular england position!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.