Most improved player of the season....

salfordblues said:
Don't agree with those suggesting Milner. We've not really seen enough of him as he has been used primarily as a rotation player.

Lescott has been outstanding and a staple of the team barring injury.

Yeah Lescott deserves it but for me Milner had a terrible first season so I never would have thought he would play a blinder at the swamp this year. He has still being inconsistent but has definitely improved from last season and I have a feeling he we will become a regular next season.

MCFC BOB said:
Toss up between James Milner, Joleon Lescott, and even Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli at a push.

Is it not a pre-requisite that the most improved player should be in our strongest 11 unless he is a kid?

If so at least 2/3 of those players don't make it in.

Lescott is the only 1 who is truly first choice.

Lescott has come on leaps and bounds in terms of mentality and his ability to read the game. I think he has learnt a lot from partnering with Kompany.

That said, Zabaleta for me deserves a shout. He's gone from being a blood and guts fighter to being a very technically able player and to me his style has changed more than anybody else in the team. He still has that rugged determination but he's added an edge of experience and quality.

Carver said:
Lescott's improvement season was last season, he's not improved much this season but people have been noticing his performances more and how he was missed along with Vincent.

Our most improved player of the season is Gael Clichy. He started off steadily to bed into the team and was more defence minded compared to Kolarov's attack at all costs. Clichy now has a great understanding, particularly with Lescott, Barry and De Jong who all cover for one another if one goes forwards. He's also the player we leave at the back when we've got a corner so that the big lads can go up. They wouldn't do this if the rest of the team and management didn't have confidence in him.
Spot on, Gael Clichy gets my vote.

NDJ for me. Started the season slow with an injury but has come leaps and bounds. Just thought he deserved a mention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.