Most improved player this season?

I thought Zabaletta was pretty solid before.

Micah is back to and past his previous best. Really pleased to see it.

Lescott showing the displays that we were hoping for.

Now hoping Dzeko is given the chance by the fans next season.

As complete footballers, including maturity and poise and team contribution, I'd say Adam Johnson and Mario.

For me, Micah has come back to his earlier form and is brilliant. I see Adam adding defensive work and attitude, and Mario in the two Wembley games took immense provocation and just worked his bollocks off to make everyone better.

Silva didn't start the season very well!
Gives me hope for kolarov & Dzecko after a good pre-season

I would have to say Micah and Zab. Micah is tackling like he did in the 2 derbies under Sven, his positional play is massively improved and his attacking and crossing are getting much better. Zab is better defensively and no longer makes many rash challenges. Strange that we spent nearly £30M on 2 full backs (Boateng and Kolarov) and these 2 are playing so much better than their replacements - shows what a year might do for Boateng and Kolarov being as how they are new to the league and both missed most of the first half of the season with injury

Well what can you say but wow, great job Mancini has done with Micah this season he is a powerhouse bombing down that right and his posistiong has improved tenfold, special mentions to Lescott and Pabzab though.

Micah is not back to his 18 year old best. he is far far far FAR better now!

He's developed as a footballer incredibly well which was his main downfall previously. How many times would he take 4-5 touches on the ball, then play a simple ball? Now he seems far more confident on the ball, and for a defender, that's a good gift to have.

I'd even put Johnson in that list. He's been taught by Mancini to cut inside and make the run along the defensive line, and Silva or Vieira will find him with a pass. Leicester at Home and West Ham away he did this, and scored.

toss up between richards & lescott. difficult choice but i go for lescott who has gone from squad player with injury problems who we'd never previously seen the best of to an absolute star man since the turn of the year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.