Most improved player this season?

Brumblue said:
Dare I say Lescott?

Class for the last two months.

I would day Joleoninho. Every bloody corner we've 'ad this season, I've been shouting 'Bullet 'eader, Jole', and last night he duly obliged. Not quite a John Charles bullet but a goal nonetheless, and that fancy little dribble he did - earned his Brazilian stripes last night!

Gelsons Dad said:
Micah ?
He's a footballer all of a sudden. Great decision making. Great runs. Good passing. Strong in defence.
I'm really impressed with his performances in the last couple of months. He's playing a blinder tonight.

Absolutely agree 100%. A revelation. He was down after the Rag 4-3, but fair play he held his hands up and got his head down. He could be the worlds best at this rate............................

Micah Richards improvement the past 6/7 months has been quite unbelievable. Like somebody else has said he has turned into a very good footballer rather than being a supreme athlete. He now has a very good footballing brain and uses it all the time. I would love to know what he thinks of Mancini because he owes lot to him.

I've said it before and I'll happily say it again; Mich Richards has proven me well and truly wrong and long may that continue.

Re: Richards

kp789 said:
If he is not Englands first choice right back in the next few games then something is wrong
Well he's England U21's captain this summer so won't play against Switzerland next month.

Richards by a mile, I thought he was absolute rubbish for the two seasons before this one and after his woeful performance on the first day of this season I had pretty much lost faith in him. It's been a huge turnaround he's improved in every area since then and fair play to him, please keep it up. I can understand suggestions for Lescott and Zabaleta but they were nowhere near as bad and for such a prolonged period of time as Richards was.

Love_Each_Day said:
Richards by a mile, I thought he was absolute rubbish for the two seasons before this one and after his woeful performance on the first day of this season I had pretty much lost faith in him. It's been a huge turnaround he's improved in every area since then and fair play to him, please keep it up. I can understand suggestions for Lescott and Zabaleta but they were nowhere near as bad and for such a prolonged period of time as Richards was.
Be interesting to know from the player what happened.

When he was struggling I thought it might be injuries, because he's had a few. but this season has been stop start and he's come good. Some factors:

1) Playing in a winning team with better players grows confidence
2) Understanding in the defence must have improved as Kompany, Toure and Lescott established themselves
3) We hear a lot about the amount of time the manager spends with the defenders on positional play. I think that might have helped Richards because that was his weakness and at times he still loses his man
4) Maybe he recognised he was struggling, and saw the competition at City growing and his motivation improved

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.