most intimidating place in grt manc has to be !!!

TCIB said:
I used to flog ticket things years ago at kwik saves and a few other low brow shops. So i go of how many security guards they had x by the fear in their eyes, for this reason...

1, Lower Broughton (was in the bog when it got armed robbed)
2, Beswick (at any one time at least 3 tea leaves were in the shop, loads of scally's)
3, Cheetham Hill
4, GSC's basement

Edit:: Just seem bob's post. Thank fuck they took that down, fucking depressing that place was.
Most people were great though, dead nice. Badduns were proper bad though.

In the mid 80's I worked for the company that had the kiddie rides in all of the Kwik Saves.
I just used to repair them / change them around, but my dad (in his coming up to retirement days) collected the cash which shit me up every day. When he was away I'd collect the cash too, every other week from each store.

The two main shops I shat myself collecting was
1. Beswick. One of the few shops you couldn't park right outside, so you had to walk around with £100 in 10p pieces from the shop to the car park.
2. Lower Broughton Road. Just a very grim shopping parade - the ride was broken into 3 times. The store fitted a camera and it was the night staff robbing it!!

My dad did get robbed but thankfully he was in one of the shops when they did it. The money was kept in the back of the Suzuki pick up truck, in a fridge on it's side, padlocked and with a circular hole cut out where he'd drop the money. He was in the shop in Sale (parked round the side) when someone cut the lock off and took all the coins out.
Was glad when he retired.....

Beswick precinct was as good as Afganistan as far as i'm concerned. Always lots of scrotes hanging about waiting to rob you. I remember 10 years ago i went there for something or other and this gang of lads started following me, i dread to think what would have happened if i hadn't had the car close by. never went back after that. they wern't even that old, maybe 13/14 and it was daytime, but as a woman alone it was quite scary.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
TCIB said:
I used to flog ticket things years ago at kwik saves and a few other low brow shops. So i go of how many security guards they had x by the fear in their eyes, for this reason...

1, Lower Broughton (was in the bog when it got armed robbed)
2, Beswick (at any one time at least 3 tea leaves were in the shop, loads of scally's)
3, Cheetham Hill
4, GSC's basement

Edit:: Just seem bob's post. Thank fuck they took that down, fucking depressing that place was.
Most people were great though, dead nice. Badduns were proper bad though.

In the mid 80's I worked for the company that had the kiddie rides in all of the Kwik Saves.I just used to repair them / change them around, but my dad (in his coming up to retirement days) collected the cash which shit me up every day. When he was away I'd collect the cash too, every other week from each store.

The two main shops I shat myself collecting was
1. Beswick. One of the few shops you couldn't park right outside, so you had to walk around with £100 in 10p pieces from the shop to the car park.
2. Lower Broughton Road. Just a very grim shopping parade - the ride was broken into 3 times. The store fitted a camera and it was the night staff robbing it!!
My dad did get robbed but thankfully he was in one of the shops when they did it. The money was kept in the back of the Suzuki pick up truck, in a fridge on it's side, padlocked and with a circular hole cut out where he'd drop the money. He was in the shop in Sale (parked round the side) when someone cut the lock off and took all the coins out.
Was glad when he retired.....

Worked in kwickies there when i was 17 for a couple of years. Always a nightmare when the store detective came in and caught all the shop lifters - would always go off and as a 'stock lad' you were suppose to back the manager up. F**k that he was a s**t house. Remember one day it kicked off proper on the bake bean aisle. I knew everyone around there so was always ok.
True story as well about the night staff robbing the machine - the lad in question was my neighbour he also robbed the charity dog box!

Beswick market aka a brazilian shanty town. always got the look outs incase the cops raid them for the dodgy games,dvds, booze and tobacco.

Evening all. Wonder if I can interest you in some exciting property opportunities in an 'up and coming' area, handy for the Etihad and the city centre commute?....

Cannot believe no-one has mentioned Ordsall. I doubt any other place has a higher concentration of nasty bastards.

Honourable mentions to Clayton, Salford Shopping Precint/Pendleton, Lower Broughton and Gorton.

Manc in London said:
Cannot believe no-one has mentioned Ordsall. I doubt any other place has a higher concentration of nasty bastards.

Honourable mentions to Clayton, Salford Shopping Precint/Pendleton, Lower Broughton and Gorton.

Couldnt agree more - horrible place.
Massive red stronghold, but a fair few home and away blues lived round there once.

bainy said:
Manc in London said:

Couldnt agree more - horrible place.
Massive red stronghold, but a fair few home and away blues lived round there once.

still do, i know plenty of blues round langworthy rd, precinct area....none get any probs off rags.

we all went in the brass tally after beating yoonited a few years ago ( before it was closed for the double shooting) singing city songs taking it in turns standing and singing on the pool table! the city fans i was with were not to be messed with

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.