Most overrated City player ever?

Surprised by that from you. He changed the course of our history, he deserves better than that. He gave everything for the team. Besides I cant think many City fans would think he was world class but I would imagine most would think he was a decent player and important to us.
He was with us for 8 seasons and averaged less than 5 goals a season.

He was a centre forward.

Would never fault his effort, and he scored a very important goal.

But have you ever thought that if we had a centre forward who managed more than 5 goals a season, we might not have dropped so low?

Hard graft and no talent will only get you so far in football. I said this on here at the time of the takeover and got pelters for it.

If the last 14 years has taught us anything, it's that hard work is important. But it's a minimum requirement. To be successful, you have to have talented players working hard.

Prob get pelters for this but kompany. No doubt was a brilliant captain and a very good player but for me he wasn’t as good as stones, Dias or Laporte. He was quite rash, got very tight to players and wasn’t great on the ball at times. Still love the bloke don’t get me wrong just don’t think he was world class.

Dzeko seems to get better every passing year he has left. He used to frustrate the hell out of me so lazy at times and his touch was shocking.

Sane used to have one good game for every 5 disappointing games. No doubt got talent but his head isn’t in the game so doubt he will ever reach his potential

Adam Johnson used to be popular on here and I never saw it with him. So one paced and predictable. Epitome of a match of the day player.

Balotelli completely over hyped just because he was a bit fun/deranged

De jong very limited player again likeable guy though

Last edited:
But have you ever thought that if we had a centre forward who managed more than 5 goals a season, we might not have dropped so low?

So what you're saying is...

If we had better players we wouldnt have been so bad?

Hmm. Cant dispute that i guess!

Prob get pelters for this but kompany. No doubt was a brilliant captain and a very good player but for me he wasn’t as good as stones, Dias or Laporte. He was quite rash, got very tight to players and wasn’t great on the ball at times. Still love the bloke don’t get me wrong just don’t think he was world class.

Dzeko seems to get better every passing year he has left. He used to frustrate the hell out of me so lazy at times and his touch was shocking.

Sane used to have one good game for every 5 disappointing games. No doubt got talent but his head isn’t in the game so doubt he will ever reach his potential

Adam Johnson used to be popular on here and I never saw it with him. So one paced and predictable. Epitome of a match of the day player.

Balotelli completely over hyped just because he was a bit fun/deranged

De jong very limited player again likeable guy though
I agree with that. Bloody good leader though. I think if he was a Rag we'd all hate him. Every Rag I have a passing acquaintance with hates him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.