Most overrated City player ever?

So what you're saying is...

If we had better players we wouldnt have been so bad?

Hmm. Cant dispute that i guess!
What I’m saying is; instead of blindly hero-worshiping someone for saving us from the brink of oblivion with one goal, just pause to consider their role in contributing to us falling towards that brink when averaging 4.6 goals a seasons in mainly the lower tiers…

Remembering Dickov for that one goal is a little bit like remembering Fred West for his construction work

What I’m saying is; instead of blindly hero-worshiping someone for saving us from the brink of oblivion with one goal, just pause to consider their role in contributing to us falling towards that brink when averaging 4.6 goals a seasons in mainly the lower tiers…

Remembering Dickov for that one goal is a little bit like remembering Fred West for his construction work
Cult heroes don’t tend to be the best players. I think Dickov falls into that category.

Kompany was a great footballer and an iconic player for us, but not a great defender; outside of Mancini’s well drilled, low block defensive unit his lack of awareness got exposed in a higher line. He was horrific in Europe aswell.

He’s a lot like Gerrard in the sense the armband, the winning goals and the physicality masked a lot of their shared flaws - it’s no coincidence both clubs have gone up a level in the absence of their egos and erratic presence on the pitch.

Absolutely weird some of you lot.

Firstly you made his record look worse than it was. I'd say he had 3 or 4 'proper' seasons with us. If you look at his goalscoring record for us, he averaged 1 in 5 - so it would be about 7 per season. Not great no, but he wasnt there for his goals. He did the work, Goater got the goals. And during our drop we had a ton of problems bigger than him.

He isnt overrated because absolutely zero people think he was a brilliant player. But we love him because he tried his arse off and bagged probably the most important goal in our history.

We can love a player and still think he was a bit shit. Which is just as well, because for a long while thats all we had.

Firstly you made his record look worse than it was. I'd say he had 3 or 4 'proper' seasons with us. If you look at his goalscoring record for us, he averaged 1 in 5 - so it would be about 7 per season. Not great no, but he wasnt there for his goals. He did the work, Goater got the goals. And during our drop we had a ton of problems bigger than him.

He isnt overrated because absolutely zero people think he was a brilliant player. But we love him because he tried his arse off and bagged probably the most important goal in our history.

We can love a player and still think he was a bit shit. Which is just as well, because for a long while thats all we had.
I’m not saying people shouldn’t love him, mate.

Lots of posters trying to be the most pathetic Newby City fans.
Close this thread for the sake of this sites credibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.