Most overrated City player ever?

I think there's a few people on here who don't understand the meaning of the word overrated, and are simply naming players who just weren't good enough, or didn't perform.

From memory, City's win-loss record in the top flight with Ian Bishop in the team was appalling, and we only started to recover once he'd been swapped for the industrious, but largely forgettable Mark Ward.
Similarly, Uwe Rosler left City two divisions lower than when he joined.

Strange, because I rarely hear or read a poor word about either Rosler or Bishop

Joey Barton. Took every corner, free kick and throw in. Some fans at the time thought we'd get relegated without him. He wasn't even our best midfield player.

Raheem Sterling. Only reason I say this is because I've seen people say he's a much better player than Eden Hazard on this forum. He wasn't and never was in the same class as Hazard as a Footballer. Irrespective of Goals and Assists - I remember watching Hazard at the Etihad on a Monday night game and we couldn't get the ball off him. He was unplayable at times.

Last edited:
To say Dunne is the most overrated is one of the most offensive, ignorant, ridiculous statements I've ever heard

Richard Dunne was an absolute legend for City and should be put in the same bracket as Kompany imo. Maybe we didn't nearly win as much with him at the back but if it wasn't for him, Distin and Barton we'd have 100% been relegated

4 player of the season awards Speaks volumes.

PUT SOME RESPECT ON HIS NAME

Agreed … and he scored some crackin’ goals …. OK, so what if “1 or 2” were in our goal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.