Most Overrated Player to Play for City

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by BlueTG, 29 Mar 2020.

1. 2bluejacko

2bluejacko

To us, the fans, he was class... behind the scenes, I don't think many players and staff thought so.
    PS while i respect your opinion, Chappy was far from being a knob

colbee59 likes this.
  2. 2bluejacko

2bluejacko

This self isolation is playing tricks with your mind If you think Ya Ya was hugely overated... not even the most blinkered fan from any other club would say that.

franksinatra and colbee59 like this.
  3. JGL07

JGL07

Team supported:
    Manchester City/Hibernian
    As did George Best if I recall correctly!

ADVERTISEMENT

4. ctid1894

ctid1894

He had the potential to be the best player in world football for 5-6 years, he couldn't be arsed. Some "blinkered fans" and I'll include your good self in that list selectively chose to ignore and dismiss the 3-4 years that he couldn't be arsed.

The rea top players don't suffer with such wild inconsistency; Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Zabaleta, Kompany etc...even when they're not playing well you cannot question their effort and professionalism. Hence why I dont put Toure in that same bracket, even though he had more talent than all bar De Bruyne in my opinion.

He's hugely overrated by people who only see the highlights (other clubs fans) because he was capable of moments of genius and they didn't see the other 89 minutes of walking and half arsed attempts at tracking his man, tackling or pressing.

kinky's boots likes this.
  5. Jogon 127

Jogon 127

Bullshit.....he was a fifth columnist.

Complete bell end and a rag to boot.

6. Jogon 127

Jogon 127

2010 - 2015 thereabouts he was utterly magnificent

Our stand out player, of course he had his off days but fuck me he earned them.

Toure=our GOAT

warringtonblue likes this.
  7. jimharri

jimharri

Not a chance.

SatOnTheWall, Alex-MCFC and BlueTG like this.
  8. Scaring Europe to Death

Scaring Europe to Death

I always thought Ian Bishop's iconic reputation contrasted sharply with City's results, (particularly in the top flight), in the games when he appeared.
    For every 5-1 v United there was a 0-4 and a 0-6, lurking around the corner.
    Not dissimilar to Dzeko being remembered less favouriably than Rosler, I guess it's sometimes preferable to be the best player in a shite team than someone with poor body language (like Mark Ward) who arguably contributed more.

penguins4kompany likes this.
  9. Bovril

Bovril

Has anyone mentioned Wilfried Fecking Bony ? Banged them in left right and centre for Swansea came to us an couldn't hit a barn door from 2 Yards.

10. shevtheblue

shevtheblue

Robinho. He was alright, but he was never, ever, going to be the next big thing for Brazil.