Most Overrated Player to Play for City

I’ve seen McManaman a lot on here.

Overrated? By who?? I’ve never come across a single City fan who rated him.
Totally agreed, even the scousers hate him.

Although he had a fantastic debut game for us, he looked class, made his contribution after that even harder to take.

He had two good seasons 11/12 and 13/14 out of eight. Two goals at Wembley in his first season against the scum and potteries scum won us the FA Cup, so maybe you can class that as a good season too, although it was very inconsistent.

From 14/15 to 17/18 (4 seasons) he was downright atrocious, his workrate and attitude stunk the place out, excluding a few months when Pep got him back in the team after an apology. The odd wonder goal here and there isn't a representation of a good season in my opinion.
I'm surprised such a poor player lasted so long at a top club judging by your opinion

The issue with this kind of list is the definition "overrated" by whom? if its the supporters I would challenge anyone to find a single City supporter that rated Jo or Bony, or a host of other names on this list, dont get me wrong I'm not saying they aren't crap, but they happened to be crap and not rated

Loads of supporters rated Bony before he came here and early on in his time with us.

I'm surprised such a poor player lasted so long at a top club judging by your opinion
A lot of City fans thought he should have gone sooner, the club and some fans had way too much sentiment (just like we did with Zaba when he was getting run ragged by James McNoPoppy). Some fans were too focused on signing a like for like replacement to let him leave, until they eventually realised KDB/Silva were the perfect combination.

It's like Silva right now, his lack of speed and stamina have become detrimental to the teams intensity when pressing, especially when combined with Aguero, Gundogan and Rodri who all lack pace. This was probably one year too far for him and I absolutely love the lad, I'll shout at Gundo and Mahrez before I will at Silva, but hand on heart I know who the biggest problem is.

He had two good seasons 11/12 and 13/14 out of eight. Two goals at Wembley in his first season against the scum and potteries scum won us the FA Cup, so maybe you can class that as a good season too, although it was very inconsistent.

From 14/15 to 17/18 (4 seasons) he was downright atrocious, his workrate and attitude stunk the place out, excluding a few months when Pep got him back in the team after an apology. The odd wonder goal here and there isn't a representation of a good season in my opinion.

I see we’ve resorted to re-writing history.

Your longevity and consistency argument may have some credibility, but the thread is about being overrated.

By your own admission and harsh assessment you say he was ‘good’ for 3 seasons.

He wasn’t good.

He was an absolute colossus, a beast, unplayable, immovable, unflappable and a World Class genius......and he wore our shirt.

VK agrees.

We simply cannot and will never agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.