Most pissed off you have been at a game.

After we lost 2-3 at home to the rags back when Horton was manager. When Quinn scored the second the Kippax went mental. I got ‘displaced’ by about 10 yards in the bedlam. I’d taken some friends from Uni (Villa fan and Leicester Fan), and they’d never seen anything like it.

Absolute knife through the heart when Keane scored, and to top it off Horton’s words afterwards were ‘it happens’. I was so angry at him for not understanding the magnitude of the game and at the players (Vonk and Coton...still don’t understand how Coton didn’t save McClair’s tame shot that seemed to trickle past him in slow motion).

Writing about it now has made me pissed off again.

Losing 4 0 at Derby in 77 when we were going for the title. Pitch a quagmire and ref had penalty spot repainted before Derby scored a penno. Massive blue following rammed in like sardines. Finished a point behind Liverpool that season. If I have got the score wrong blame an old man's memory.

Battering Bolton for 90 mins at the etihad , hitting the woodwork god knows how many times only for them to Nick it in the 91st minute - Gary speed scored I think

well.....I think there’s been several to be fair.....

The ones that hurt are when we were desperate for a happy day in the sun.....anything.....the scraps from when nobody else gave a shit.

The Monday night quarter final at home (We didn’t sell out either due to ticketing issues) when we didn’t turn up and West Ham simply toyed with us all evening. Dean Ashton was mint for them, Kiki Musumpa made it worse by bagging a consolation minutes from the end.
Took me ages to forget that game.

again under Pearce, we threw the kitchen sink at Boro in our quest for genuine qualification into Europe. Couldn’t be more City-like! David James up top....John Macken’s career ended and Fowler fucking up!!!!

Not read the whole thread but 3-2 at home to United when we could've wrapped up the league. Made worse by the 2-0 lead and missed opportunity of being around 5 up at half time.

Other would be when Fowler missed that late penalty to send us into Europe. Scouse twat.

Maybe not THE most pissed off but Coventry at Maine Road at start of 2000/2001 season comes to mind. Played shit and lost 2:1 against a team who we could and generally did beat . That was also the day Richard Edghill got a load of grief from the fans wasn't it?
We were basically always going down that season tbh( as were Coventry who finished below us. )
That relegation was about the only one where we weren't given false hope of surving on the last day from memory?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.