Most pissed off you have been at a game.

After we lost 2-3 at home to the rags back when Horton was manager. When Quinn scored the second the Kippax went mental. I got ‘displaced’ by about 10 yards in the bedlam. I’d taken some friends from Uni (Villa fan and Leicester Fan), and they’d never seen anything like it.

Absolute knife through the heart when Keane scored, and to top it off Horton’s words afterwards were ‘it happens’. I was so angry at him for not understanding the magnitude of the game and at the players (Vonk and Coton...still don’t understand how Coton didn’t save McClair’s tame shot that seemed to trickle past him in slow motion).

Writing about it now has made me pissed off again.

Cantona got 2 and Keane 1 in that game.

McClair got a a couple in the 3-3 a couple of seasons before.

Don’t think any of the goals trickled through from what I recall.

Was the Reading game at the new or old ground. I remember a night game at the old Elm Park which was terrible and only livened up by someone in the stand next to us thinking it was a good idea to come in a rag shirt
The old Elm Park and you're spot-on mate it was a night game....lost 3-0, awful

We were relegated by Ipswich that year in the penultimate game of the season. I will forever enjoy seeing them lose for the way they behaved against us during that short rivalry we had.

I was there, think it was a Monday night game? Not a happy hunting ground for us

Cantona got 2 and Keane 1 in that game.

McClair got a a couple in the 3-3 a couple of seasons before.

Don’t think any of the goals trickled through from what I recall.
Yep, your right. Cheers. Memory has done me over.

It was the McClair goal in the 3-3 that also pissed me off. In real time (i.e stood on the kippax again), it didn’t seem to have much power, and if you watch it again it is right alongside his body...still don’t know how he didn’t stop it.

Yep, your right. Cheers. Memory has done me over.

It was the McClair goal in the 3-3 that also pissed me off. In real time (i.e stood on the kippax again), it didn’t seem to have much power, and if you watch it again it is right alongside his body...still don’t know how he didn’t stop it.

Think Brightwell gave it away just before that one.

edit - Don’t change your username now! Haha

The old Elm Park and you're spot-on mate it was a night game....lost 3-0, awful
Remember another one against Reading. First time City played at the new ground. They hadn't built the roads to the stadium yet so had to walk miles to the ground. 2 things stood out. Firstly it was the first time I'd seen people stopped from smoking in the stand. Caused a couple of arguements with stewards until it was pointed out on the ticket you couldn't smoke. And secondly there was 4 or 5 Rangers fans in the City end singing songs all game to the ex Celtic and then Reading manager Tommy Burns. Shit match pretty sure it was a City nil game and don't think they scored either

Remember another one against Reading. First time City played at the new ground. They hadn't built the roads to the stadium yet so had to walk miles to the ground. 2 things stood out. Firstly it was the first time I'd seen people stopped from smoking in the stand. Caused a couple of arguements with stewards until it was pointed out on the ticket you couldn't smoke. And secondly there was 4 or 5 Rangers fans in the City end singing songs all game to the ex Celtic and then Reading manager Tommy Burns. Shit match pretty sure it was a City nil game and don't think they scored either

First time I went to the Madejski was in Div. 2 and we won 3-1, Terry Cooke was excellent and scored at least 1 free kick if I remember correctly. Remember the long walk though !! England played that day too

First time I went to the Madejski was in Div. 2 and we won 3-1, Terry Cooke was excellent and scored at least 1 free kick if I remember correctly. Remember the long walk though !! England played that day too
Could have been that one possibly but don't remember jumping up much. Definitely the first year the new ground was opened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.