Off the top of my head:

Now:

Danny Murphy
Steed Malbranque
Scott Dann
Ryan Shawcross
Andy Reid
Matt Etherington
Stephen Hunt (although I fucking hate him)
Graham Alexander
Matt Dawson
Craig Bellamy (prior to this season)

Former prem players:

David Batty
Malcolm Christie
David Thompson
Arjan de Zeeuw
Eyal Berkovic
Gary McAllister
Jason Wilcox
Gudni Bergsson

I think city's most under-rated player of recent times was Niclas Jensen. A very classy and composed full-back with an excellent delivery. Seems a bit of a forgotten man with most city fans.

Rio could be considered as an underrated . He is not as shit as you guys make him to be. He is just a mediocre player trying to do his best. Give him a chance

Goater wearing blue goggles lol. Didn't he get 11 in half a season under Royal?

Braggster said:
If we're having a thread on the most overrated premier league player, I think it's only fair to have one on the most underrated players.

For me, Scholes, Schmeichel, Given, Ferdinands Les and Rio and Lampard would all be on the list, even though every single one of them is a big name.

Scholes, for me, is unquestionably the best rag youth product, and a player of almost unique ability in premier league history.

Schmeichel and Given purely because they are/were great goalies, and goalies never ever get adequate credit for their contribution - they are systemically underrated.

Les Ferdinand is something of a forgotten man these days, but he was a complete centre forward who was a key man in KK's great newcastle sides.

Rio, again, gets a lot of credit, but he has been so good for so many years that no-one comes close IMO. Simply brilliant, even if he is a tosser.

Lampard has been the best player in the PL over the last 6-7 years bar none, and never gets the recognition he deserves.

If we're restricting it to City players, I would include Berkovic, even though he didn't play many PL games for us. Quality player who didn't have the career he should've done. And going further back, Quinn: scored, set up, made sometimes-crap teammates look much better than they were.

I'm just gobsmacked how the fucking hell can you say Rio, Schmeichel, Lampard and Scholes are underrated. Christ almighty Schmeichel was acknowledged as the best keeper in the world in his prime. Your of you bleeding head, that or you a deep undercover rag taking the piss royally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.