Most underrated player to play for city

In the ADUG era Barry was by far and away the most underrated. Wasn't there a poster on here that used to get a load of flack for saying how good he was all the time (or have I misremembered)? Jesus, Mendy, and Mahrez are probably the most underrated of the current crop.

Aguero's weirdly underrated outside these parts. Everyone agrees how great he is, but as soon as he's compared to any all time great then he's all of a sudden got nothing to offer. It's uncongruent.

I've always felt David James was better than he got credit for.

Oh and Gundogan on this forum.

Darius Vassell.. Didn't score many for us but always came across as a trier which went down well with me..

Tony Henry, stylish player who struggled to get into the first team back in the day but was pretty decent..

Steve Kinsey, another hard worker, remember him scoring the winner at Blackburn, great times..

Kazimir Deyna, joined us, towards the end of his career. He was a true superstar back then, remember his goal away at Leeds, left us far too soon as did Tommy Caton who found his way into our team as a young teenager..

I'm sure he's already been mentioned and he wasn't with us long but Tommy Hutchison was a fantastic player for us.

A player who most certainly was overlooked by all the big teams back in the day so by definition was a very underrated player.

Seems like a lifetime ago watching these players who all contributed to giving me some unforgettable memories..!
I was sooooh excited ,as a teenager when John Bond signed Tommy Hutch!!! It was like wow..we ve got thst crazy 'old' cov left winger!! Brilliant!! Peter Barnes had bin my idol.....Then God sent me Tommy Hutchinson.brilliant player.even at 34 years of age.gave his all for City..and was a loyal long standing servant at Coventry ...supplying Ian Wallace and Big Mck Ferguson.....
When John Bond announced the signings of Hutch and Bobby McDonald..who i didn't know very much about..i went mental!! And when Gerry Gow came to toughen us u..Wow! Just Wow!! As an out of town Blue.....i could just feel the vibe..... i just knew we were gonna do somat....if not for cheating ref alf grey and livarpool.....(surprise suprise...) that 1980/1981 could have ended up as one of the top seasons in our history...with just a bit of luck in the Fa cup final.........
United were doing next to the square root of fuck all...jt was all City City City....Bond was effective for just a short time really...but what a ride.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.