Most visits to Wembley with City on Bluemoon?

danebanksheik said:
Last 4 only for me

I hope the car park / coach park wont be the same as 81 part two with all them cockernees about, there were some very nawty boyz on both sides.

Yep. I saw a blue who had been stabbed in the stomach by Spurs. He was with his mates slumped up against a wall.

I went to 76, 81 (1st only) 85, 99.

The best for me was 99 as it was the only one I saw us win whilst being pissed! I was only 8 in 76!

We've a good few with a full house since 69 then, but not a single person who was at the 56(or 55) finals. Anyone?

What a shithole of a place it was, shrubs growing out of the stones, waterlogged car park, two foot wide kiosks serving thousands, I never visited the gents though. Maybe I'd had enough.

Crap place. Some happy memories from the results, but the ground? Worst place I ever went to, and that includes some seriously derelict grounds back then.

Didsbury Dave said:
We've a good few with a full house since 69 then, but not a single person who was at the 56(or 55) finals. Anyone?

i'm old dave and in 56 i was 18 months old, bit of an ask but good luck in your search.
by 69 and 70 we were still peppered but as 74 came around i was 20 and was working so since then i have managed to get to them all.if thats me there will be loads on here in the same boat.

I reckon the only reason we've not had any people on here saying they attended the 50s (and earlier) finals is simply age. I guess most of them don't post on Bluemoon or if they do may not want to admit their age!

I'm sure we all know older Blues who have attended those games - Bert Trautmann certainly attended 55 & 56 (but was he there in 81?)!

I suppose it's possible there are a few who attended 1926 onwards but they'd be 90plus and I doubt they post on here.

When I wrote "Farewell To Maine Road" I interviewed a few fans who had attended games at Hyde Rd (pre-1923) and so on, but it was very difficult tracking them down.

Incidentally, as this is a new Wembley stadium I guess it's a first for all of us. Hopefully we'll all clock up as many new Wembley appearances over the next few years as in the entire history of the club at old Wembley. Worth recognising that the Community Shield could be our 3rd appearance this year!

been to wembley (old n new) over 100 times watching england n city, does that count
oh and inxs in concert there in 1991 !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.