MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uber Blue said:
What pisses me off more is when our attacking play is simply put down to the poor defensive qualities of the opposition.

Against the Canaries it was a case of woeful defending on their part; the same with Tottenham, Arsenal and even Bayern (who supposedly fell asleep after 15 minutes of a 90 minute game). What’s frustrating is that it’s rarely pointed out or alluded to that the reason why so many teams fuck up defensively against us is because of the fact that we are so good going forward. I don’t just mean in single, flowing moves, but rather the accumulated pressure that must, and obviously does, take its toll on the opposition by wearing away their resistance.

Having Hanson and others like him smugly highlight individual errors in isolation is only one side of the story. What that type of ‘analysis’ doesn’t take into consideration is that the defenders’ concentration levels have been under intense strain for ‘X’ amount of minutes due to constant pressure from our attacking line up.

Defending against a team that you know only pose a certain and limited attacking threat is obviously easier than worrying about a team that can, and does, attack from any area on the pitch. City pull and stretch teams for 90 minutes, and consequently this is one of the major factors in the opposition making forced/unforced individual or collective mistakes.

It shouldn’t seem odd that teams make more defensive errors against teams like City, Barca, Real and Bayern. For pundits to point out these mistakes as just defensive aberrations detracts from the erosive qualities that out attacking play has on the opposition.

Beautifully put sir.

Eccles Blue said:
Blue Mist said:
Not quite MOTD but on 5Live today............

'So Arsenal are second just behind Liverpool who are first whilst Chelsea are fourth level with Everton who are fifth.

When Cameron pardoned Alan Turing did he also ban the number three ?

Also, almost word for word what was said on BBC Breakfast this morning!!

Yup, heard it myself. To give them the benefit of the doubt, they were discussing whether Chelsea or Arsenal would go top ahead of Liverpool, by winning at the Emirates.

As it panned out, Dippers stay top, Arsenal go 2nd and Chelsea 4th. There was no need to mention us in that context.

Chippy_boy said:
Eccles Blue said:
Blue Mist said:
Not quite MOTD but on 5Live today............

'So Arsenal are second just behind Liverpool who are first whilst Chelsea are fourth level with Everton who are fifth.

When Cameron pardoned Alan Turing did he also ban the number three ?

Also, almost word for word what was said on BBC Breakfast this morning!!

Yup, heard it myself. To give them the benefit of the doubt, they were discussing whether Chelsea or Arsenal would go top ahead of Liverpool, by winning at the Emirates.

As it panned out, Dippers stay top, Arsenal go 2nd and Chelsea 4th. There was no need to mention us in that context.

So why mention Everton ? Ok I accept it is a minor moan but come on.
(I want to be paranoid - it's Christmas so let me)

Besides I have been listening to Aretha Franklin singing early 60's Blues so I can be paranoid)

I hope Alan Hansen is on tonight. It would be great if he could just swallow a bag of dicks.

@BluePhil8 said:
I hope Alan Hansen is on tonight. It would be great if he could just swallow a bag of dicks.

Savage and Shearer, I'm afraid. Hansen would have been the icing on the cake.

Shame we won't be getting Hansen's "Let's ignore the attack and focus on one defender doing bad things" Volume 2. He would have loved it with Lescott having the game he did

Dynamo11 said:
Shame we won't be getting Hansen's "Let's ignore the attack and focus on one defender doing bad things" Volume 2. He would have loved it with Lescott having the game he did

whoever the team are I have no doubt we will be first on and they will concentrate on just how far the Anfield Juggernaut has come under Brendon - how great Suarez is - and how we cannot fuckin defend and for the 2nd time in a row a casual viewer would come away thinking we got beat without scoring

Never used to agree too much with the media bias threads but with the departure of the GPC, Wee Davey's troubles, the shake up of the Sky 4 etc etc the media have absolutely hated us with a venom because we have crashed into their cozy cabal - spent money like most other clubs and NOT ruined football and play attractive high scoring football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.