MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville Kneville said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Blue Mooner said:
When will people realise that you can edit a 90 minute match and edit highlights to present exactly what you want to present.

The analysis of Dimechelis was so selective in nature, to present a narrative about his defending that Hanson wanted to portray. What I found amazing is that his examples were so unbelievably puerile and led to nothing In particular by way of Fulham chances.

I really wouldn't be bothered were it not the weak minded and un independent thinking viewers who just regurgitate this nonsense and hence perpetuate the myth. These are usually people who have not watched the game in its entirety and simply choose to believe what they are told by Hanson and his ilk.

Contrast this narrative with the eulogy about the return of the rags wing play as a result of two mediocre results against two mediocre teams. If anyone can't see this different agenda/treatment of the respective clubs then you are simply denying the blindingly obvious.
Spot on!

It was obvious Demichelis was going to be the subject on motd because he was the main reason City were conceding chances to Fulham. He was the reason they scored their 1st goal. A normal calm centre back would have just held his position & we would have had no problem.

Demichelis ended up on the wing, trailing behind Clichy & the fulham player. If people can't see how awful it was, then perhaps you should listen to what Hansen is explaining to you.

Yes he also made some great challenges & ran about a lot, but the reason these bits were highlighted, is because it was spectacularly shit, schoolboy stuff, & such a contrast to the fantastic attacking play. You don't expect that level of defending from a Premier League player.

The foillowing day, Jimmy Hasslebank & Shay Given were talking about the same thing on Goals On Sunday, their verdict was to get rid.

It's because he is instructed as is all our players to win its nick it of the player and attack again that's how we play now

strongbowholic said:
He really has a bee in his bonnet about us doesn't he?

Liverpool play us then Chelsea. Our record at home as we know is phenomenal and Chelsea are not too shabby, but Hansen in the Torygraph frames things thusly: if Liverpool can get 3 pts at City and a draw at Chelsea, then they can be real title contenders.

I agree with the statement in principle (i.e. if they pick up 4 pts it will put them in very good stead) but why does he see them picking up 3 pts against us given our current record rather than against Chelsea?

Now I'm not saying we will beat Liverpool any stretch of the imagination, but given our systematic dismantling of the shite, Arsenal and Tottenham amongst others, wouldn't an analysis of "a point a City given their home record and a push against Chelsea whom seem to be still finding their feet…" hold more weight and credibility?

Again, call me paranoid and laugh at me for letting Hansen get under my skin, but I find it all rather sad that, for whatever reason, he decides to take this tack and show just how ridiculous an individual he is.
He frames it thus because, to him, we are still ickkle City that can be swatted like a fly like in the 80s and 90s whereas Chelsea are one of the Big Four and therefore should have his total respect

Well, Hansen's bum chum Lawro sees it differently...
Luis Suarez has been nothing short of sensational this season and I have never seen that sort of run of form from anyone before. As a cynical old pro you tend to think 'well he cannot keep this up' but crikey, every goal he has scored has been a wonder goal.I am expecting another big performance from him at the Etihad Stadium but what I am also expecting is for Manchester City to have loads of the ball, because they always do at home.

I just think this is the sort of game where City show not only their ability but also where their power makes a difference.
Liverpool will give as good as they get and Jordan Henderson has started to look like a real player in their midfield.
But he will have his work cut out on Boxing Day and the City steamroller that has scored 16 goals in three games against Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham might get another outing. What Liverpool fans have to remember is that, even if they do only pick up a point or two from their next two games against City and Chelsea then they are still very much in the title mix. Brendan Rodgers' side are not going to go away. They might not always beat the absolute top teams but I would back them to beat pretty much everyone else.
Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Not quite MOTD but on 5Live today............

'So Arsenal are second just behind Liverpool who are first whilst Chelsea are fourth level with Everton who are fifth.

When Cameron pardoned Alan Turing did he also ban the number three ?

Blue Mist said:

'So Arsenal are second just behind Liverpool who are first whilst Chelsea are fourth level with Everton who are fifth.

Also, almost word for word what was said on BBC Breakfast this morning!!

waspish said:
Neville Kneville said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:

It was obvious Demichelis was going to be the subject on motd because he was the main reason City were conceding chances to Fulham. He was the reason they scored their 1st goal. A normal calm centre back would have just held his position & we would have had no problem.

Demichelis ended up on the wing, trailing behind Clichy & the fulham player. If people can't see how awful it was, then perhaps you should listen to what Hansen is explaining to you.

Yes he also made some great challenges & ran about a lot, but the reason these bits were highlighted, is because it was spectacularly shit, schoolboy stuff, & such a contrast to the fantastic attacking play. You don't expect that level of defending from a Premier League player.

The foillowing day, Jimmy Hasslebank & Shay Given were talking about the same thing on Goals On Sunday, their verdict was to get rid.

It's because he is instructed as is all our players to win its nick it of the player and attack again that's how we play now

Pellegrini wants this side to win the ball back as high up the pitch as possible. thus putting the opposition under as much pressure as possible. This then hopefully turns into more attacks and therefore more goals. Demichellis and Kompany are both under instruction to try and intercept the ball high up the field. Now and again they are going to get it wrong.

Eccles Blue said:
Blue Mist said:

Also, almost word for word what was said on BBC Breakfast this morning!!

Fuck them. Fuck all of them.

WE know how good we are. The players know how good they are. City are not only dining at the top table now, we will be dining there for the foreseeable future...........and they can't handle it.

So once again.....................FUCK 'EM.

give it to gordon said:
Blue Mist said:

I heard that and even my wife said what happen to third place is that were City are !!!

Thinking about it, it was BBC Breakfast, it was that little gimp who said it, wanker. Bring me another conspiracy theory this ones run dry.

unexpected item said:
Well, Hansen's bum chum Lawro sees it differently...
Luis Suarez has been nothing short of sensational this season and I have never seen that sort of run of form from anyone before. As a cynical old pro you tend to think 'well he cannot keep this up' but crikey, every goal he has scored has been a wonder goal.I am expecting another big performance from him at the Etihad Stadium but what I am also expecting is for Manchester City to have loads of the ball, because they always do at home.

I just think this is the sort of game where City show not only their ability but also where their power makes a difference.
Liverpool will give as good as they get and Jordan Henderson has started to look like a real player in their midfield.
But he will have his work cut out on Boxing Day and the City steamroller that has scored 16 goals in three games against Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham might get another outing. What Liverpool fans have to remember is that, even if they do only pick up a point or two from their next two games against City and Chelsea then they are still very much in the title mix. Brendan Rodgers' side are not going to go away. They might not always beat the absolute top teams but I would back them to beat pretty much everyone else.
Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Now, Lawro seems to have his logical head on, I agree, we are favorites at home, with our record, only an idiot, or a blinkered idiot would bet against us winning, but 2-0? 3-1, a nerve shredding 2-1, a 4-2, 5-2, 6-3, is more likely because both defences are not 100% and both teams are scoring freely.
While 75% of Liverpool's goals are thru Saurez, our tally is more evenly distributed, so for me, stop Saurez, stop Liverpool, the issue is, man mark him with Fernandihno and risk getting him sent off with 2 yellows, or double up on him wherever possible, and irritate him until he cracks and does something stupid, after all that changed character, professionalism bullshit from Hansen, he's due a meltdown about now.....
I want to see Hansen's face if we beat Liverpool, even better if Saurez gets marked out of the game and starts losing his rag.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.