MotD

I like the podcast he does with Shearer and Micah. He's an intelligent bloke who always speaks highly of Pep and City and it would be good if he offered some opinions as he did on the Euro's coverage when Micah engaged him. He spoke well about Kane's performances and what he expected to see. It would be a shame for him to go, especially if it's for someone as mundane as Jenas.

Lineker is an excellent host who effortlessly bridges the divide between pundit/presenter. You either replace him with someone who is more a pundit or someone who is more a presenter, at which point any discussion reverts to pundits explaining what you can see for yourself. His BBC salary is high, true, but he attracts flak because it is paid directly, whereas others have their salaries hidden via production companies.
I live Linekae too.

There are a lot worse out there than him, including most of the fuckers on Sty.

David Jones and Kenny Charisma's daughter are both so bland that they make an Barry Manilow album sound interesting.

I like Lineker. A lot of City fans (not all) have a grudge against him because he once said he doesn't like City because we broke his heart in the 1969 cup final when he was a boy.
It’s ridiculous to bare a grudge for that. What else would a young Leicester supporter say?

It’s no different to posters saying that Spurs broke their hearts in 1981.

If Bluemooners hate him for that, they should take a long, hard look at themselves.

It’s ridiculous to bare a grudge for that. What else would a young Leicester supporter say?

It’s no different to posters saying that Spurs broke their hearts in 1981.

If Bluemooners hate him for that, they should take a long, hard look at themselves.
Or like me saying I can't stand Middlesbrough to this day because I met one of their supporters in Altinkum in 1996 who told me that they always have and always will be a bigger and better club than City. That too would be ridiculous. ;)

Or like me saying I can't stand Middlesbrough to this day because I met one of their supporters in Altinkum in 1996 who told me that they always have and always will be a bigger and better club than City. That too would be ridiculous. ;)
Middlesbrough? Wow, really? They weren't even bigger than us when we were in the third tier playing Macclesfield and the like.

I believe the whole format of brief highlights, then pundits in the studio waffling on about something we've already seen for ourselves, is boring and dull. They use digital footage to tell us something like 'the goalkeeper could have saved that if he'd been further to the left.' Yeah, we know Mr Shearer. We've all seen it. We don't need you to sit there and tell us what we've just seen.

MotD was great when I was a kid, the highlight of my week. But I can truly say I haven't watched it for a long time, because the goals and the talking points are on YouTube within a couple of hours or so. Plus I can't stand the BBC at the best of times, so fuck them.

Hope he's a bit cheaper....I don't think either of them have anything interesting to say.

From the very little bits of big ears I've seen the last couple of years he's been trying to make smart arse quibs to seem down with the kids but ends up looking err a smart arse.

Like all pundits, Jenas is a bit of a vacuum.....bring back Des & Jimmy Hill!!!!

the cost of Lineker is ridiculous in my opinion. nearly £2 million quid a year just for us to fast forward through or go to to toilet/make a cup of tea while he's waffling on is mind blowing. You could get anyone in to do it for £50k a year easily

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.