Mother of disabled Child told to pay for seasoncard

Re: Carers of disabled fans told to pay for ticket to watch City

Another PR masterstroke by the club yet again!
I was going to say 'unbelievable' but unfortunately these days it isn't.

What the fuck is happening to our once proud and great club?
We act and behave more like the swamp dwellers on a daily basis.

City's PR just doesn't get any better, does it?

This ridiculous policy should have been shutdown by the relevant parties before it got anywhere near the press. What a balls up.

This will probably be the same at other places too.

It used to be that people in wheelchairs got in free, but they changed that as it made disabled people look like some kind of charity case. So to avoid that, the disabled person paid, and the carer went free.

Now, I suppose it's a case of places (and it won't just be City) saying, why should anyone get in free? I'm not sure of this person's personal circumstances but there are plenty of wealthy disabled people. They can afford to go more than, say, the unemployed, or a pensioner who has worked all their lives but is skint.

Not condoning this, just making that point. I neither agree nor disagree. It's like armed forces. They get well paid, why should they get free tickets sometimes? Because of their job? Most armed forced personnel aren't on the front line. What about nurses or brain surgeons? where does it all end?

If you can pay, you should pay. If there's a case for some kind of concession, then it should be taken into consideration.

Unfortunately, someone's disability here is the shock factor in the story and someone with a disability getting a raw deal is always good for the press to seize onto.

BringBackSwales said:
Why Always Ste said:
gkmcfc said:
If the child didn't have a heart problem I take it that at the age of 4 his mum would just let him go on his own?

This isn't the point, there are Adults out there who are 44 who have a carer who are now charged.... Who won't be going, replaced by some Korean JCL.

there is another issue in this specific case - I believe the dad is a ST holder, so maybe he could move his ST to sit with his son?

I'd be interested to know if the same carer attends games with such people week in week out. The system has been abused for years.

Disgusting from the club that.

But at the same time Pablo Zabaleta, What.A.Man.

wright or wrong were not the only club to tighten up on this i beleive west ham have made massive increases to the disabled as reported on five live,i expect it will hit the media very soon

Disgusting.. Although i'm very sad to say this is the same at many other grounds in the premiership, but that in no means way means its right!

An example earlier this year was a lad i know who wanted to go to Norwich away is in a wheel chair and so he needed his carer to take him and stand with him etc, and norwich wanted £30 odd quid for his carer to be able to go and stand with him, when speaking with lad he's told me loads of grounds are apparently the same up and down the country... Things need to change IMO

I do think the club should also consider it's priorities - if we say there are 200 disabled peoples' carers and they are asked to pay £300 each, then does that amount in a year not equate to less than half of 1 week's wages for the highest earners at the club? So why bother?

I find it somewhat ironic that the very people who for years have campaigned for equal rights in employment, accessibility and in life in general still want to receive a perk that I and other fans have to pay for!
Would they give up their right to free parking too?

Making carers pay for a S/card is NOT a general club policy, the club assess every application for a free carer on its merits as is made clear in the FAQs document.

<a class="postlink" href="http://content.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Files/Terms/1314%20Seasoncard%20FAQs.ashx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://content.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Files ... 0FAQs.ashx</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.