Mother of disabled Child told to pay for seasoncard

Re: Carers of disabled fans told to pay for ticket to watch City

This is a disgrace, come on Khaldoon, nip this in the bud before it is implemented.

You say you don't want bad stories about City in the press then you allow this to come to light.

Sort it out City, these carers are doing their best to help the disabled enjoy the match, meaning most will not get to see the game, or certainly not all of the game, to charge them is wrong, plain and simply, it's absolutely disgusting.

gkmcfc said:
I find it somewhat ironic that the very people who for years have campaigned for equal rights in employment, accessibility and in life in general still want to receive a perk that I and other fans have to pay for!
Would they give up their right to free parking too?
The disabled aren't getting any 'perk' as they have to pay for their ticket, but they can't be expected to go to the matches on their own, can they?

gkmcfc said:
I find it somewhat ironic that the very people who for years have campaigned for equal rights in employment, accessibility and in life in general still want to receive a perk that I and other fans have to pay for!
Would they give up their right to free parking too?

very delicate subject, i was a mini bus driver who took special needs kids to school and the service got axed in the cutbacks the council replied they do get extra benefits for transport and now getting to school has to be paid for by themselves, its a point from the council that no one can really argue

Maybe peopl should actually read the whole story before passing judgement. Interesting that his father sits somewhere else in the ground, why can't they all sit together. I take my kids and although thankfully they are able bodied I have to look after them, should I get a free ticket? Why should a carer receive a free ticket?

Bilboblue said:
This is a disgrace, come on Khaldoon, nip this in the bud before it is implemented.

You say you don't want bad stories about City in the press then you allow this to come to light.

Sort it out City, these carers are doing their best to help the disabled enjoy the match, meaning most will not get to see the game, or certainly not all of the game, to charge them is wrong, plain and simply, it's absolutely disgusting.

Your post is wrong too, the article posted by the OP is a single incident, not an across the board change in policy by the club. As I posted earlier the club assesses each application for a disabled S/card + free helper on its own merits. Whether the club are right or wrong in this instance I don't know as we only have one side of the story to judge.

The OP should change the thread title as it is misleading.

Your right lancs, the incident is isolated which made my first long post pretty redundant now xD

If the fan is too young to be allowed to attend the game on their own, regardless of their physical or mental faculties, then whoever attends the game with them should have to pay also. If I've got a fit and healthy 8 year old son, and he has a seasoncard, then I too will have to buy a seasoncard as he can't go on his own. The same should be true of a disabled 8 year old with a seasoncard, they would need adult supervision whether they were disabled or not, due to their age, so I don't think it's unreasonable to be expected to buy a seasoncard.

If the disabled person is only requiring supervision due to their disability (they are of an age where, ordinarily, they could attend the game on their own) then their carer shouldn't have to pay for a seasoncard, or potentially City should provide a designated carer service whereby, if required, the disabled supporter could be looked after at the game by a trained professional provided by the club (in conjunction with whatever agency they would need to provide such people).

This is a non-story and the club are right on this in my opinion. Why should a 4-yr old with problems be treated any differently to a healthy 4-yr old? Both need someone with them and the parent or whoever takes them should pay. As has been said, the father already goes so basically she wants three tickets for the price of one.

I'm pretty sure that if a disabled adult goes and genuinely needs a carer then they will be accomodated by the club. The Disabled Supporters Association doesn't seem to be getting wound up about this and I would assume they were consulted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.