Motorbikes

Fastest I ever had was a GSXR 1000 K7... £3000 of extras including fat-bars etc. which made her too easy to ride fast... 100MPH in 1st gear so an absolute licence loser

I've had lots of bikes mostly BMWs which are my favourite. Had three different R1100S Boxer Cup Replicas, all three of which were keepers.... but weren't kept :-)

I am down to 2 at present, trying to sell one as I have no garage so one is safe at a fellow Blue's house in his garage locally, the other is under wraps in my garden till my new timber framed man cave is built.. guess which is for sale

One cost the previous owner £12k plus to build

The other cost the owner around £4k to build

Honda 1979 CB650Z but totally transformed

CB650.8_zpscfv2y7si.jpg

BMW 1984 K100 Flying Brick - Scrambler Style

image1_zpsorfubspv.jpg
That Honda looks beautiful but I never liked any of the straight four Honda motors. Too high revving and mostly gutless. The CBX however......

That Honda looks beautiful but I never liked any of the straight four Honda motors. Too high revving and mostly gutless. The CBX however......
Mate had a CBX and it was a weapon in a straight line... scary on bends

The CB650 I have is a work of art... total nut and bolt re-design / rebuild but I agree.. because I'm used to torquey BMWs it feels like it's got a gear (or two) missing... she's also far too nice to ride regularly, only 350 odd miles on her since the build. I'll take her out Sunday maybe if dry but ultimately she needs a new home in a collection or with somenbody who has a cleaning fetish or OCD

The flying brick is a Marmite bike but I love them.. the blue one I have just bought has done zero miles since being stripped and rebuilt in a scrambler style and she is more my cup of tea... plenty of grunt and good for 200k plus if looked after... she has only done 19k since 1984

My last road bike was a z1100R, Eddie Lawson replica with a Vance and Hines 4 into 1, fast. I had one of those Kawasaki GT 750's before that ( the shaft drive) I think that was my favourite all round bike I ever owned. Had GS 550 for a while, again looked nice but gutless. Had a GS 425 twin, should have bought the CB400 over that though

Wow... I thought I'd had a lot (circa 15+)

Here's just a few...

280sd5c.jpg

1999 Triumph 955i
afixis.jpg

Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster and Triumph 900cc Thunderbird
w80r5u.jpg

2007 Triumph Scrambler
3y8ux.jpg

Triumph TR7 (UK) 750cc
29aveav.jpg

1969 Triumph TR6 650cc Trophy export model
oi9c45.jpg

1978 Suzuki SP370 Trail bike
314a5ax.jpg

1993 Triumph 750cc Trident
wqtteu.jpg

Harley Davidson 1340cc Road King
11uc19k.jpg

2011 Royal Enfield 500cc Bullet

Here's just a few...

280sd5c.jpg

1999 Triumph 955i
afixis.jpg

Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster and Triumph 900cc Thunderbird
w80r5u.jpg

2007 Triumph Scrambler
3y8ux.jpg

Triumph TR7 (UK) 750cc
29aveav.jpg

1969 Triumph TR6 650cc Trophy export model
oi9c45.jpg

1978 Suzuki SP370 Trail bike
314a5ax.jpg

1993 Triumph 750cc Trident
wqtteu.jpg

Harley Davidson 1340cc Road King
11uc19k.jpg

2011 Royal Enfield 500cc Bullet

If I had the space I'd love a Road King.... must be my age but they are looking better and better as the years go by

Current bike is a Yamaha FZS1000, the original Fazer, had it since it was year old, 2004 model. I have no desire to change it, it's an absolute cracker, all the bike I need. Comfy, can ride it for miles, and can really shift if the mood takes me. Am on Anglesey with it at the moment, just waiting for the weather to cheer up...

Here are a few of my old steeds.... most of them keepers

It's the CB650 for sale BTW if there is anybody out there looking.... a stellar bike and a total one off,... cost the last owner over £12,000 to build her.... PM me if you want more info

Can't see any pictures of the GSXR I had sadly..... Now found them:

GSXR 1000 K7, Shit loads of extras, piece of piss to ride fast and an absolute fucking missile:

Gixxer%20031_zpsjkimjsjj.jpg

BMW R1200C Avantgarde. another Marmite bike but again I loved it and for a 2000 X plate she was absolutely mint!! Toured the Scottish Highlands in 2016 with the R1200C owners club (Chromeheads) in May and it was like bloody midwinter but still awesome..... Sold her when we moved to Hawarden around 8 months ago for £5k to a "private buyer" who turned out to be a trader... he sold her for £6500 within days.... Cnut:

DSCF1066_zps5uvfeysd.jpg

R1100S Boxer Cup Replica, Full Ohlins, Mega rare Yokes, PFM Brakes and cast discs, Laser Exhaust, Sounded like a Spitfire...crazy decision to sell this animal

BCR025.jpg

Honda%201_zpsijwo78tc.jpg

BMW%20R80-1_zpsplrnemtw.jpg

Rare as hens teeth an 850Gs that was totally mint.... new owner wrote her off (Fitted with a Baglux Tank Cover, brilliant bit of kit)
850GS_zpsgoahcgga.jpg

"Flash" a BMW R80 conversion from the now infamous Kev Hill (Kevil's Speed Shop in Paignton) they sell for circa £15k now, this was built in his garage and one of his first efforts

A pile of shite if honest considering it was one of Kev's bikes but I nearly doubled my money on it:

Kevills%20R80_7_zps2qwwwbfc.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.