Motorhome life?

Nearly...VW California for 3 days at £140 day ( No toilet and there is still fuel and site fees to go on top.)

Day 1) Pick up 5 pm

Day 3) Drop off 9.00 am

So basically we get 1 full day for 3 days hire......

We hired a cottage on the Lleyn for the family for 4 days for 1/2 of that.

Really do want to do it and will aim for the NC 500 and make it worth while.
The laybys round here are littered with them.

Had one for a few years now but selling it after our upcoming trip to France next month.
Been great but the pitch fees have risen sharply since covid along with fuel costs,insurance and maintenance.
Wanna buy mine :-)

Not had one personally as I wouldn't have time to use it but my brother who's 15yr older than me, bought one just after he retired, a coach built one on a Peugeot Boxer chassis and he loves it. He's into Motorsport so uses it most weekends to go and watch racing around the UK and for Le Mans/Classic Le Mans plus hols in other bits of Europe.

I must admit, whilst its not my cup of tea, it is very nice and if you get them kitted out right you can be pretty much self sufficient for 5-6 days without needing any normal site things like water and electric hook ups. He also had a frame built to carry a 125cc Super Cub scooter on the back which means you can park up at a campsite but still get around in cities without having to drive the motorhome and can avoid congestion charges, free to park etc.

I know he spent ages researching what to get before he bought one and was careful to keep it under 6m so you dont pay extra on the ferries to mainland Europe. He did have one based on a VW Transporter a bit of time before but found the rock and roller bed which they use a bit uncomfortable for more than a couple of nights.

Still waiting for my pension money to buy a VW then I’m off out with the dog as much as possible, bloody HMRC!

Nearly...VW California for 3 days at £140 day ( No toilet and there is still fuel and site fees to go on top.)

Day 1) Pick up 5 pm

Day 3) Drop off 9.00 am

So basically we get 1 full day for 3 days hire......

We hired a cottage on the Lleyn for the family for 4 days for 1/2 of that.

Really do want to do it and will aim for the NC 500 and make it worth while.
The laybys round here are littered with them.
That's taking the piss.

Just about to buy our first motorhome, weve had caravans for the past 17 years. Done lots of research,plumed for a German model ( lot better made), looking to go off for nine months around the British isles anti clockwise (March to November), and the following year do thw same trip but clockwise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.