Motorhome life?

Had one for a few years now but selling it after our upcoming trip to France next month.
Been great but the pitch fees have risen sharply since covid along with fuel costs,insurance and maintenance.
Wanna buy mine :-)
I like the gargantuan ones, what have you got?
(Fnack, fnaarrr)...

I like the gargantuan ones, what have you got?
(Fnack, fnaarrr)...
4 berth Coach built Lunar Premier 7 metres on a Renault master chassis.
She's an old girl(2006)but only got 57k on the clock.
Got a buyer lined up for when we get back, be gutted to sell it really but like I said the costs just keep going up and I've moved home too so can't park it at the new place.
400 quid for storage.
400 insurance.
380 road tax.
250 MOT and service.
All the above before a wheels turned.

The thing I struggle with is the lack of interior "design". They're all a bit like sitting in a mate's parents lounge in 1983...

I reckon it would be great, definitely appealing but so expensive to rent or buy.
But maybe not as expensive as owning one. No insurance, as such, no depreciation, no tax, MOT, repairs and maintainance, cleaning etc etc, then we'll talk about storage and parking when not in use......
They cost a small fortune nowadays.....I think you've 'really' got to use it before it becomes worth it.

The thing I struggle with is the lack of interior "design". They're all a bit like sitting in a mate's parents lounge in 1983...
Mrs JASR (non techie) designed ours with some software she downloaded (vanspace 3D). Within the evening she had version 1 spinning before my eyes.
Much much (much) later we got a completed van (Citroen Relay L3H2 6m) that we’d designed entirely and had converted for us. Very homely.

Most we’ve been away is 3 weeks (doing again in a few weeks), but the plan is Europe for 2.5 months a few times :-)

A friend of mine did this maybe 20 years ago when it was very cheap to have a pitch. She loved it to begin with but soon yearned for more space and got cabin fever (she was on her own too so imagine a couple living in it) and then the winter came.......
Very cold.....
She bought it for like £42,000 and the same dealer bought it back 9 months later (and not many more miles on it) for £29K

I had a good shag in it though (and like to think she did too ;)

Last edited:
A friend of mine did this maybe 20 years ago when it was very cheap to have a pitch. She loved it to begin with but soon yearned for more space and got cabin fever (she was on her own too so imagine a couple living in it) and then the winter came.......
Very cold.....
She bought it for like £42,000 and the same dealer bought it back 9 months later (and not many more miles on it) for $29K

I had a good shag in it though (and like to think she did too ;)
As a mod,you KNOW the rules

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.