Mourinho and Madrid

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
Best manager in the world.
But not the best in Spain where he is struggling this year. OK.

Agree with Billy. But then, I'm not using the timescale of the last 3 months league games as the criteria, im looking at his whole career. Anyway, an 8 point lead, I'm sure I've seen leads like that overturned.
Some of the points on here about his antics are valid, not saying I like everything about the man, but I do like the way he manages his players

chesterbells said:
cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
Best manager in the world.

Agree with Billy. But then, I'm not using the timescale of the last 3 months league games as the criteria, im looking at his whole career. Anyway, an 8 point lead, I'm sure I've seen leads like that overturned.
Some of the points on here about his antics are valid, not saying I like everything about the man, but I do like the way he manages his players
Arguably, he is the best coach (not manager) in the world if you want that short term gain. Long term, I think most will agree that he is not the man. Not that I'm saying he couldn't do it if he changed his attitude, more that he won't do it because his ego couldn't bring his head down from the clouds.

For me, he is personnel driven. Get the best, most expensively assembled players and stroke their own ego's to get the best out of them. A real people person who cannot fail with the right resources. The problems occur when he has a lull with these players as with them he is expected to compete at all levels.

Then there's the media influence, once they are on his back he becomes very insular. I don't think he is a greatadvert for any club when he's put in a corner and somehow seems to alienate even his own.

Still, a top coach that any club would be happy to pay top dollar. Not for me though, his 'I am above it all' attitude just doesn't sit well with me.

The Future's Blue said:
chesterbells said:
cleavers said:

Arguably, he is the best coach (not manager) in the world if you want that short term gain. Long term, I think most will agree that he is not the man. Not that I'm saying he couldn't do it if he changed his attitude, more that he won't do it because his ego couldn't bring his head down from the clouds.

For me, he is personnel driven. Get the best, most expensively assembled players and stroke their own ego's to get the best out of them. A real people person who cannot fail with the right resources. The problems occur when he has a lull with these players as with them he is expected to compete at all levels.

Then there's the media influence, once they are on his back he becomes very insular. I don't think he is a greatadvert for any club when he's put in a corner and somehow seems to alienate even his own.

Still, a top coach that any club would be happy to pay top dollar. Not for me though, his 'I am above it all' attitude just doesn't sit well with me.

Mancini's got the same "above it all" attitude.

BillyShears said:
The Future's Blue said:
chesterbells said:

As do most successful people.

Also just read Mourinho stood on the touch line and shook hands with every Betis player as they left the pitch, and then applauded all their supporters. Classy touch considering that defeat could put them 11 points behind Barca.

BillyShears said:
Best manager in the world. Still. Amazing isn't it that he'll probably not win La Liga this season and yet still be considered the best. Reputations are difficult to build, and easy to destroy. The fact that he's taken on what people consider the greatest team ever is a testament to his belief in himself.
He's te best manager for short term success.

When have you ever seen him see a team through one cycle and then rebuild and evolve that team into a nother title winning side? He's never bothered to stay around that long. When have you ever seen him set a philosophy of football that runs throughout a whole club from it's youngest junior team to it's senior team? When have you get seen him have direct influence on the EDS/NextGen/Youth team where his philosophy develops them ready to come through to the first team? When have you ever seen him then bring these lads trough to the first team to make an impact on success?

Point to one club he's been a manager of where his influence is still being felt now throughout the club with the future securely in place for them to succeed, or, at least not be in decline...

Don't be fooled by the circus that is Jose Mourinho FC. He takes over already successful and title challenging clubs, spends loads of money and then succeeds, then leaves them to decline. He is also an utter cünt who has his teams displaying disgraceful cheating traits and even resorts to snide half-violent-half-cowardly acts and he's his players to volley people in the head on purpose. Is that really the mark of the best manager in the world? Really?

BillyShears said:
Best manager in the world. Still. Amazing isn't it that he'll probably not win La Liga this season and yet still be considered the best. Reputations are difficult to build, and easy to destroy. The fact that he's taken on what people consider the greatest team ever is a testament to his belief in himself.

Lol, oh fucking hell billy you live in Lego land.

BillyShears said:
The Future's Blue said:
chesterbells said:

Rubbish! Whatever Mancini's attitude it isn't that of Mourinho.

Caveman said:
BillyShears said:
He's te best manager for short term success.

When have you ever seen him see a team through one cycle and then rebuild and evolve that team into a nother title winning side? He's never bothered to stay around that long. When have you ever seen him set a philosophy of football that runs throughout a whole club from it's youngest junior team to it's senior team? When have you get seen him have direct influence on the EDS/NextGen/Youth team where his philosophy develops them ready to come through to the first team? When have you ever seen him then bring these lads trough to the first team to make an impact on success?

Point to one club he's been a manager of where his influence is still being felt now throughout the club with the future securely in place for them to succeed, or, at least not be in decline...

Don't be fooled by the circus that is Jose Mourinho FC. He takes over already successful and title challenging clubs, spends loads of money and then succeeds, then leaves them to decline. He is also an utter cünt who has his teams displaying disgraceful cheating traits and even resorts to snide half-violent-half-cowardly acts and he's his players to volley people in the head on purpose. Is that really the mark of the best manager in the world? Really?

I'm not being fooled by anything and am certainly not advocating City go for him. The argument about him being a short term manager has been done to death. I've written a few very lengthy posts on why I think he's as much the victim of circumstance than anything else.

To be honest Mancini isn't the guy you've described either and he has brought his own circus and ego to City. The next guy should be more Pep/Klopp/Wenger rather than Mancini/Mourinho.

BillyShears said:
Also just read Mourinho stood on the touch line and shook hands with every Betis player as they left the pitch, and then applauded all their supporters. Classy touch considering that defeat could put them 11 points behind Barca.
Very nice touch and a way of saying that you guys must've played well to beat one of my teams. Not classy, just a form of control. Very well done to him though.

I hear Mancini didn't shake Mourinho's hand, did Mourinho shake Mancini's?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.