Mourinho Desperate For Move To....

danburge82 said:
Realised he isn't the best coach in the world and the best is at Real's biggest rivals so thought he'd fuck off somwhere else to boost his smashed ego!

He can get stuffed. He made a very ill judged decision and he's paying the price. He can do one.

Forza Bobby Manc.

Chick Counterfly said:
Didsbury Dave said:
And are you denying the sheikh wanted him in summer?

surely, whatever interest was there, it was over by the summer

khaldoun gave his interview to the OS on may 6;

mou publicly declared his real intention may 13;

signed and sealed for real may 28, a few days after the cl final.

The interest was over by April according to some but May will do :)

Mourinho was definitely top of the wish list along with unrealistic options like Wenger and more realistic ones like Hiddink. Mancini's lack of PL experience would have been a natural concern to ADUG but Mancini had the opportunity to make the job his own last season and did enough to get it otherwise he would have been let go with failure to land a top 4 spot as the reason for not retaining him. Also at that stage Mancini had not brought in any players save Paddy so it would have been a relatively painless exercise.

Another 6 months in and City have invested heavily in Mancini and Mancini in City so there will be no turning back until this has played out and there is a long way to go yet.

Arguably Jose is better when coming to a more finished and established side then City currently is. Jose is a master at applying the psychological afterburners that can propel a team to the next level. Chelsea it was the title and Inter the CL. I personally think that this approach allied to his meticulous preparation has a limited shelf life of about 3 years before the intensity and the submergence of the team identity i.e. it is all about Jose start to provoke a negative reaction from the players. The way round this is for the squad to be continually refreshed over a 3 to 5 year cycle or Jose moves on every 3 years or so which is the current pattern.

Mancini has a more tactical approach and (seemingly) is a better buyer of players (cue arguments over who decides transfer targets and acquisitions) but Jose is poor when it comes to buying players witness the difference at Inter when players where bought for Jose to use in his second season once they understood the players he needed. In essence Mancini is more likely to give you a Barca model with more long term stability and success and Mourinho is more like to give you an instant rush and immediate success (albeit there has to be a reasonable foundation already in place for this to happen). Mancini will ultimately give you more attractive football if only because I see Mancini as more of a football purist and unlike Mourinho its not all about him and protecting his reputation.

Playing who is the better manager is fairly f**king pointless. Jose's record is astonishing and on this basis alone Jose is the best manager in club football bar none. Is Jose the best manager for City as we currently are is a more pertinent question. And the answer to that is probably not. But three years down the line he might be.

Unless in three years there is someone better or better suited that is.

Oh and hasn't flirted once too often with City already.

Pam said:
danburge82 said:
Realised he isn't the best coach in the world and the best is at Real's biggest rivals so thought he'd fuck off somwhere else to boost his smashed ego!

He can get stuffed. He made a very ill judged decision and he's paying the price. He can do one.

Forza Bobby Manc.

agreed pam but i dont think anyone can say he's not a good coach.

de niro said:
Pam said:

Forza Bobby Manc.

agreed pam but i dont think anyone can say he's not a good coach.

Agreed, de-niro.

I can and I will.

If he came here, he would only be around for 5 minutes, his football is as boring as it gets, and, well, there is nothing wrong with Mancini, so why change it?

I think he is most likely going to end up at Utd or Chelsea depending on how the season goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.