Mourinho - NOOOOOO

Cheesy said:
FFS, how many people have fallen for the media line that Mourinho's teams play boring football? Almost 3 goals per game when in charge at Chelsea. Oh yeah, well fcuking boring that is!

i know, its shocking isnt it! god help us if we score 3 a game, its not good enough, we win 2-0 and its jose out!

Soulboy said:
fbloke said:
Its simple.

A manager with a naturally negative and defensive style knows he has to change to accommodate the needs of owners who want success not survival.

He short cuts the style change by buying the players he hopes will do it by nature.

unfortunately he has everyone, including himself, confused and therefore less than perfect results happen whilst some performances are brilliant others are woeful.

But its just a personal theory!

And a very good theory if I may be so bold!

Managers have natural styles and environments (horses for courses), where they are comfortable in some sitauations and out of their depths in others.

Some managers are suited to the big clubs, high expectations, pressurised demands... others build slowly and are more circumspect and defensive.

There is NO right way for any manager. Every situation is different.

But the bottom line is that results determine whether or not a good job is being done.

Why thank you for your kind words.

Its interesting to note that MH has reverted to the dour, motionless pitch-side demeanor and the results have gone backwards.

Hmmm is that connected in any way?

Soulboy said:
fbloke said:
Its simple.

A manager with a naturally negative and defensive style knows he has to change to accommodate the needs of owners who want success not survival.

He short cuts the style change by buying the players he hopes will do it by nature.

unfortunately he has everyone, including himself, confused and therefore less than perfect results happen whilst some performances are brilliant others are woeful.

But its just a personal theory!

And a very good theory if I may be so bold!

Managers have natural styles and environments (horses for courses), where they are comfortable in some sitauations and out of their depths in others.

Some managers are suited to the big clubs, high expectations, pressurised demands... others build slowly and are more circumspect and defensive.

There is NO right way for any manager. Every situation is different.

But the bottom line is that results determine whether or not a good job is being done.

Why thank you for your kind words.

Its interesting to note that MH has reverted to the dour, motionless pitch-side demeanor and the results have gone backwards.

Hmmm is that connected in any way?

Roman's Men said:
Tbh, Ranieri was better.

I also think he will end up with the 'Rags' to be quite frank. There's just too much work for him to do at City imho.

Let me just clarify that he is a good manager, but Ranieri was the one that purchased the majority of our best players. Mourinho had many questionable buys (save Drogs & Ess) during his reign, but his tactical acumen and motivation skills are unquestionable. I also don't see him taking the helm of a team that's not already Championship material or already in the Champions League. I really do see him in Italy for a couple years, biding his time till Ferguson retires, or till Pellegrini gets fired - keep in mind that his motivation is to become champion in all the major European leagues. Madrid or Yanited would be natural moves for him. You guys would do really well to land Hiddink imho. Our record under him was pristine.

Roman's Men said:
[, but his tactical acumen and motivation skills are unquestionable.

That's what we need. We have the players, pretty much.

He wouldn't need to make wholesale changes to build a championship team.

I think the United job is a poisoned chalace. Little money, the weakest squad they've had in years and the shadow of Fergie.

I think our job is ideal for him. Total freedom, unlimited cash and a great infrastructure.

Big G said:
He isnt our saving grace, Ranieri did the hard work at Chelsea for him.

I have draw the parallel between Ranieri and Hughes before. The tinkerman got everything lined up for chealsea and then got axed because the fans expectations grew at a faster pace than the club. We are rapidly approaching that point (if we haven't passed it!). I for one just hope that our owners keep the faith a little longer.

If I told you before the season that we could play chelsea at home and then spurs away and get 3 points most people on here would have taken it. We did that, but just the city way...

Freestyler said:
Cheesy said:
FFS, how many people have fallen for the media line that Mourinho's teams play boring football? Almost 3 goals per game when in charge at Chelsea. Oh yeah, well fcuking boring that is!

i know, its shocking isnt it! god help us if we score 3 a game, its not good enough, we win 2-0 and its jose out!

Absolute boll@cks isn't it- he is one of the best managers in the world - clearly anyone can see that if we stuck with him we would win things eventually....this can not be said for Hughes (or there is les chance).

Maybe he would be a little more conservative, but we would certainly leak less crap goals, and not be biting our nails at 1 goal advantages, in the knowledge we have a great defence/ defensive TACTICS (unlike Hughes + many many managers before).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.