Mourinho or Mancini

blueinsa said:
The Future's Blue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Lol you hardly see Mancini going crazy on the touchline
What's this got to do with Mancini? And again, why does somebody feel the need to compare when my post is clearly talking about Mourinho and his current issues.

Thread topic might just give you a clue?

He's a sensitive soul when it comes to our Bobby... ;)

Ultimately all the Mourinho haters are doing are holding up half a season as proof that Mourinho's somehow lost it or that he's overrated. It's a nonsensical argument which ignores the overwhelming weight of evidence in the last decade which suggests that Mourinho is in fact one of the greatest football managers ever. This season at Madrid and his underachievement is so far the exception in his career rather than the rule.

BillyShears said:
Ultimately all the Mourinho haters are doing are holding up half a season as proof that Mourinho's somehow lost it or that he's overrated. It's a nonsensical argument which ignores the overwhelming weight of evidence in the last decade which suggests that Mourinho is in fact one of the greatest football managers ever. This season at Madrid and his underachievement is so far the exception in his career rather than the rule.
Billy do you think its moo's fault he is a mile behind in the league?

BillyShears said:

Must be due to the fact that Madrid have shit players..

BillyShears said:
The Future's Blue said:
Sorry, my post did not include Mancini so I don't see the relevance of your comparison. Strange that you feel the need to be honest.

The thread is entitled Mourinho or Mancini. There's your relevance.

With Mourinho though, you cannot put it down to them being xenophobic because we all know that if a team is winning then nobody cares. Mourinho has dug himself into a hole by going against the grain which would state that he is putting his own ways above that of the club and the supporters. Would you not say that a manager needs to understand respect what the club is all about, not just taking his own needs into account?

Huh ? Mourinho has gone against the grain in the last 4 weeks. Prior to that the Spanish players were picked week in and week out. His problem with them was that whilst he was picking them, they were talking shit about him to journalists.

You're right, when a team is winning no-one cares. Except at Madrid that isn't the case. They have sacked managers after winning the league enough times for me to know that. How do you understand and respect a club where that is often the norm ?

Also, this hole that Mourinho's dug includes still being in the champions league and getting out of the toughest group in history according to our very own supporters.

As a great coach who is famous for his 'Arm around the shoulder' approach and 'They're all out to get us' psychology, he has seriously f*cked it up at Real. It's not as if it's him that is walking away, from what's been printed he's technically been sacked before the season is out.

Again, what has he seriously fucked up? He's managing a club where winning the league doesn't guarantee you keeping your job. Where the politics of nationalism come before football. Last season he won the league against the greatest club side ever despite the backdrop of direct transcripts of his training ground arguments being fed to journalists sympathetic to the views of Casillas, Ramos, etc.

To make things worse Barca are now beating a team 4-0 at half time, the same team that drew with Real 2-2 just a few weeks back.

Yes, because that makes things much worse than they already are for Mourinho ... only on Bluemoon where someone uses in a non argument about whether Mourinho's a better coach than Mancini. On there and only this mate ... ;)
The difference here mate is that I'm not making an arguement or comparison for either Mancini or Mourinho as my post was clearly talking about Mourinho's current position. As you'll note I've not had a go at Mourinho in any shape or form but tried to express an opinion on his current position.

I can understand that this is a 'versus' thread but not every post is aimed at deriding one or the other. Why you almost institutionally believe that every post is aimed at 'getting one over' is far more interesting for me as it's got to the point where a discussion cannot actually take place, where every post is turned into an arguement rather than a debate.

At this moment you feel the need to defend Mourinho whilst I'm looking at his current problems at Real, possibly where he will move on to. Surely that's a far better debate than one where it ping-pongs from slating either manager.

Just a thought.

The cookie monster said:
BillyShears said:
Billy do you think its moo's fault he is a mile behind in the league?

Absolutely as manager he's got to take ultimate responsibility for their underperformance in the league. I've never said it's not his responsibility. Just that the notion that it proves anything of any significance about him as a coach is nonsense.

I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but had we qualified from our CL group, but been 13 points behind United right now I wouldn't be half as negative about Mancini as I currently am. Lets face it we're already more than halfway there!

Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:
You must be getting paranoid Dave, I mentioned no names it was a general note to everyone, there really is no need to have all this bad feeling
Just pointing out how these things start, mate ;-)

That's helpful

i'm not brave enough for think to how this place would be if city was 13 points behind the rags and 7 points behind another team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.