Mourinho or Mancini

Ray78 said:
Barcon said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Considering his record in europe I guarantee you he wont be on it.

I think they need somebody that can get them to compete in the league first.

True, but Real's problems could be that they are putting all their emphasis on winning this seasons Champions League. I like Mancini and you cannot argue with his achievements at City, but there is always a nagging doubt that he can still improve on the European Stage and thats what got him the sack from Inter.
In fairness to Mancini, he left Inter in 2008 and Mourinho did not win the Champs League until 2010. By this time, the squad, whilst still having players like Maicon, Julio Cesar and Zanetti who continued to flourish, had been changed quite considerably by Mourinho. He'd got rid of Ibrahimovic for a phenomenal fee and brought in:

Eto'o - E,20m
Motta - E,10.2m
Milito - E,28m
Sneijder - E,18m
Lucio - E,8m

So there were some quite big changes to personnel in order to win what he did.

strongbowholic said:
Ray78 said:
Barcon said:
I think they need somebody that can get them to compete in the league first.

True, but Real's problems could be that they are putting all their emphasis on winning this seasons Champions League. I like Mancini and you cannot argue with his achievements at City, but there is always a nagging doubt that he can still improve on the European Stage and thats what got him the sack from Inter.
In fairness to Mancini, he left Inter in 2008 and Mourinho did not win the Champs League until 2010. By this time, the squad, whilst still having players like Maicon, Julio Cesar and Zanetti who continued to flourish, had been changed quite considerably by Mourinho. He'd got rid of Ibrahimovic for a phenomenal fee and brought in:

Eto'o - E,20m
Motta - E,10.2m
Milito - E,28m
Sneijder - E,18m
Lucio - E,8m

So there were some quite big changes to personnel in order to win what he did.

No arguements on that it took Mourinho a couple of seasons to master the Champions League with Inter. Mancini is a perfect fit for now, and I don't see him being replaced in the Summer, but as for the future that is still open to debate.

hgblue said:
Seems the rumours of Mourinho's demise have been somewhat exagerated. Cracking up is he? Lost the dressing room has he? Fallen out with Ronaldo has he? Wouldn't put it past him to win the CL and make you all look very silly as well as bitter.
I think your right mate
Good win last night puts them right back in the mix
Only 15 behind now

The cookie monster said:
hgblue said:
Seems the rumours of Mourinho's demise have been somewhat exagerated. Cracking up is he? Lost the dressing room has he? Fallen out with Ronaldo has he? Wouldn't put it past him to win the CL and make you all look very silly as well as bitter.
I think your right mate
Only 15 behind now
tumblr_mf37g6W2qU1s07ylto2_250.gif

The cookie monster said:
hgblue said:
I think your right mate
Only 15 behind now

The bookies clearly think La Liga is wide open.
Barca are 1/25,and Real are 33/1.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
The cookie monster said:
hgblue said:
I think your right mate
Only 15 behind now

33/1 in a two horse race

think I'll lump a grand on, got half a chance!

squirtyflower said:
The cookie monster said:
I think your right mate
Only 15 behind now

33/1 in a two horse race

Messi gets injured Barcelona will drop a lot of points Barcelona's whole game roles around Messi

The cookie monster said:
hgblue said:
I think your right mate
Only 15 behind now

The thing is these deluded mourinho followers still think he will actually win it :)
One win and he can suddenly win everything including the champions league

waspish said:
squirtyflower said:
33/1 in a two horse race

Messi gets injured Barcelona will drop a lot of points Barcelona's whole game roles around Messi

Considering they will still have Xavi & Iniesta pulling the strings, regardless of losing Messi, 15pts is too much for Madrid to capitalise on.

I prefer to call it 12 though, as I see them beating Barca at the Bernabeu.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.