Mourinho or Mancini

adrianr said:
sjk2008 said:
NipHolmes said:
Hurrah. How did the derby go again?

Tbh, that's irrelevant when they're still ahead of Real.

None the less, Real will finish above Atletico, no question.

And so they should. As we're so frequently reminded with City, that team wasn't cheap.

The whole 'no-one can touch Barcelona' argument does only really work if there isn't also another team above you.

Real should finish above A.Madrid, if they don't its poor really when you look at squads. They'll finish higher imo, I'd wager actually.

If Falcaos hamstring is damaged then that'll hurt them, if Higuain did the same then they have Benzema etc. It's that squad depth that counts. I'm rooting for them, it'd be quite a feat.

Edited because I'm a David Pratt.

NipHolmes said:
adrianr said:
sjk2008 said:
Tbh, that's irrelevant when they're still ahead of Real.

None the less, Real will finish above Atletico, no question.

And so they should. As we're so frequently reminded with City, that team wasn't cheap.

The whole 'no-one can touch Barcelona' argument does only really work if there isn't also another team above you.

Real should finish above Real, if they don't its poor really when you look at squads. They'll finish higher imo, I'd wager actually.

If Falcaos hamstring is damaged then that'll hurt them, if Higuain did the same then they have Benzema etc. It's that squad depth that counts. I'm rooting for them, it'd be quite a feat.

Ok, I'll take the wager. Real will NOT finish above Real. ;o) (Yes, yes, I know...)

NipHolmes said:
hgblue said:
Seosa said:
Calm the fuck down, I've just got a soft spot for Athletico.

I'm perfectly calm. In fact this thread has me in stitches and has the potential for classic status if he wins the CL.
I will pm Pam and Cookie and hound them until they say Ole Jose.

I really like Bobby, but there's no denying who's the better out the two. One struggles to progress from groups and the others is two time winner and a semi finalist last season going out on pens.
Sorry for being selective, but this point is a bit of a misnomer in the same bracket as Moo doing better with Mancini's Inter squad.

With a squad that resembled more like Mancini's in 2008 (after he'd been binned and replaced by Moo) rather than the 2010 Champs League winning side, Moo "only" made the last 16.

strongbowholic said:
NipHolmes said:
hgblue said:
I'm perfectly calm. In fact this thread has me in stitches and has the potential for classic status if he wins the CL.

I really like Bobby, but there's no denying who's the better out the two. One struggles to progress from groups and the others is two time winner and a semi finalist last season going out on pens.
Sorry for being selective, but this point is a bit of a misnomer in the same bracket as Moo doing better with Mancini's Inter squad.

With a squad that resembled more like Mancini's in 2008 (after he'd been binned and replaced by Moo) rather than the 2010 Champs League winning side, Moo "only" made the last 16.

No problems. I meant Mancini in Europe full stop. Jose got further with Mancinis team without Eto etc.

To be fair you could argue Grant surpassed Jose as he went further with Jose's Chelsea. Small things don't matter but what does is that Bobby lacks 'it' in Europe. IMO he over thinks it all. Small mistakes will be capitalised on and possession is key. If we setup how we did v the rags at our place last season we have nothing to fear. I believe a consistent side should be played along with a formation that's known inside and out. We maybe more predictable but when we try something we are unsure of we pay for mistakes.

Bobby is far superior to me and knows this himself. What breaks my heart is when he says 'I know the problem and I'll fix it' yet he doesn't and didn't.

NipHolmes said:
strongbowholic said:
NipHolmes said:

No problems. I meant Mancini in Europe full stop. Jose got further with Mancinis team without Eto etc.

To be fair you could argue Grant surpassed Jose as he went further with Jose's Chelsea. Small things don't matter but what does is that Bobby lacks 'it' in Europe. IMO he over thinks it all. Small mistakes will be capitalised on and possession is key. If we setup how we did v the rags at our place last season we have nothing to fear. I believe a consistent side should be played along with a formation that's known inside and out. We maybe more predictable but when we try something we are unsure of we pay for mistakes.

Bobby is far superior to me and knows this himself. What breaks my heart is when he says 'I know the problem and I'll fix it' yet he doesn't and didn't.
Yeah, I agree with that.

I'm of the view (think Gaylord said something similar-ish earlier) that if Mancini called it a day and we got Mourinho, I'd be delighted. However, if we sack Mancini to get Mourinho, I think that would be really poor on our part.

The cookie monster said:
hgblue said:
The cookie monster said:
Actually mate ive bumped it the last few times when we have won
Is there a problem with me putting a pic up of our chamionship winning manager when we have won a game?

Not for me. I like Mancini.
Havnt you gone on record saying you want him out and the best man for the job mourinho in?

Sorry for the delay mate, I've actually been doing some work ;). I do like and respect Mancini, and whatever happens over the next few years, I'll never forget the highlights of Mancini's time here so far (the 6-1, the Semi Final win, our first trophy and the title win immediately spring to mind). However, when I ask myself the question who is the better manager, Mourinho or Mancini, the answer I come up with is Mourinho. For me, it really is that simple. I totally respect the point of view of those who want Mancini to be here for the foreseeable future, but if this means we turn down the chance to bring in Mourinho, I believe we'll be making a major mistake, especially if he ends up joining a rival (as seems likely if his statements about a return to England are to be believed). If the powers that be decide to keep Mancini, I'll be fully behind him, and any criticism I make of him will be objective and based on whether I agree with his decisions or not, and not on the fact that I'd prefer another manager.

moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
moomba said:
Bit too eager to jump to conclusions there champ.
No. You're either back-tracking or you were vague with your post. Not being a knob just saying as it is.

I'm sick of happyclappers kfa merchants. They hammer Jose yet his record is pretty much unparalleled for his age and time in the game. Yet point at this season and say how far he's behind Barca, who wouldn't be exactly? This is whilst his Captain leads a civil war against him. Many were seething with Balotelli for his escapades and 'bout' with Bobby yet Casillas is known to have squared up to Jose, there's been leaks left right and centre and whilst we moan about the media about City and Mancini, Jose fights a similar battle but even worse the squad have been leaking to them. If we win nothing this year its way of football apparently but if Jose does then he's failed. That's double fucking standards.

May well have been a bit vague, but I explained to you what I meant by it.

Look right through this thread and I have never once questioned his ability as a manager. I actually like the bloke as well (although I don't like a lot of the things he does).

Currently my biggest interest with Jose is whether or not he's trying to get the sack and the payoff. intriguing stuff at that club at the moment.

And as I said in that post if he loses to the rags that won't make him a bad manager.

I see his strategy.

Win league against rivals and break records doing so and the team go against him along with fans, fuck them, I'll try and win CL but make sure I get to leave for free meaning my options will be more due to no compensation. I get no thanks so fuck them.

In the meantime belittle troublemakers in Casillas and Ramos to show that they're the problem. Get the reason clear.

All imo but that's what I believe.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:09 pm --<br /><br />
strongbowholic said:
NipHolmes said:
strongbowholic said:

Yeah, I agree with that.

I'm of the view (think Gaylord said something similar-ish earlier) that if Mancini called it a day and we got Mourinho, I'd be delighted. However, if we sack Mancini to get Mourinho, I think that would be really poor on our part.

Yeah that's about right. It's poor form but only really excusable if we are potless. Reasons can be not winning anything but mainly our poor showings in Europe, mainly v Ajax.

Ideally a situation would be Mancini to Italy job and Jose as replacement. But that's romantic and we all know football is cruel. As I said, let's hope we win the league and Bobby comes good in Europe.

Real Madrid "captains" (Casillas, Ramos, Higuain and Marcelo) are threatening to walk out of Real Madrid if Mourinho stays beyond the summer. Mourinho is famous for the loyalty he inspires from players but seems to have met his match in the form of the world's biggest club and the cliques/egos it hosts.

BBVWo4aCYAEvfqf.jpg:large

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.