Mourinho or Mancini

Roll On City said:
NipHolmes said:
andy h said:
Here's a suggestion for all the pro-Mancini fans to sing. To the tune of Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall:

We don't need no Guardiola, we don't need no Mourinho, oi fuckwits, leave our Bob alone.

(Thanks to mcfc1894 for bringing up a previous rendition in the New song for Chelsea thread)
No but we do need the money from knockout stages of Champions League.
Sheikh Mansour happy to wait .......
He wouldn't make the decision. Cheeky and Hamburger would make the call. Losing out on 15m each season isn't viable.

NipHolmes said:
Roll On City said:
NipHolmes said:
No but we do need the money from knockout stages of Champions League.
He wouldn't make the decision. Cheeky and Hamburger would make the call. Losing out on 15m each season isn't viable.

Only a few million difference between R16 and getting knocked out in the groups.

moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
Roll On City said:

Only a few million difference between R16 and getting knocked out in the groups.

I'm sure it 6m and then dependant on progression. I've heard a few times we are down about 15m on prize money and commercial revenue from falling short. Add gate receipts too.

I'm hoping and praying we've seen the last of early group exits.

NipHolmes said:
I'm sure it 6m and then dependant on progression. I've heard a few times we are down about 15m on prize money and commercial revenue from falling short. Add gate receipts too.

Sides that played in R16 got £3m apiece. Obviously match day revenue as well, but probably a few expenses thrown in as well. And the chance to earn more if you won through to the QF's.

NipHolmes said:

I think Mancini's job hinges on this myself, not on the outcome of this season. Champions League is not only a way to make more money and lots of it but a way to promote your brand to the world and subsequently attract more commercial opportunities. We must start to show progress in the Champions League next season. If we'd reached the quarter finals last year we would have finished above Arsenal in the Deloitte Money League list and finished 6th I believe.

moomba said:
NipHolmes said:

Sides that played in R16 got £3m apiece. Obviously match day revenue as well, but probably a few expenses thrown in as well. And the chance to earn more if you won through to the QF's.

Celtic got 6m.

We get roughly 2m from tickets at matchday plus food and drink etc + hospitality + exec boxes. Only really matters if you go a few rounds.

Let's not forget players came for this too, they didn't sign up to gain a point v Ajax over 2 legs. I know we were below par but I'm still haunted about how poor we were. Even last year in the Europa we were slow against Lisbon and only lit up towards the end which as we know was too late

I know I keep harping in about Europe but I'm gravely disappointed.

NipHolmes said:
moomba said:
NipHolmes said:

Celtic got 6m.

We get roughly 2m from tickets at matchday plus food and drink etc + hospitality + exec boxes. Only really matters if you go a few rounds.

Let's not forget players came for this too, they didn't sign up to gain a point v Ajax over 2 legs. I know we were below par but I'm still haunted about how poor we were. Even last year in the Europa we were slow against Lisbon and only lit up towards the end which as we know was too late

That is Mancini's biggest blind spot. Whether he can improve us on that is open to debate. However I don't see Mourinho here next season.

LoveCity said:
NipHolmes said:

I think Mancini's job hinges on this myself, not on the outcome of this season. Champions League is not only a way to make more money and lots of it but a way to promote your brand to the world and subsequently attract more commercial opportunities. We must start to show progress in the Champions League next season. If we'd reached the quarter finals last year we would have finished above Arsenal in the Deloitte Money League list and finished 6th I believe.

That's my line of thought although I do believe if we end up potless and say 10 points off United I'd be sure to say Mancini would be up for questioning and in danger.

Most fans only know of European teams for the performances in Champions League. If we do well then our commercial revenues will boost as companies will want to be part of it. Also what many don't seem to take into account is that we will be on tv, many fans become fans of clubs from watching on tv. It's all about exposure, also the more we are on terrestrial tv the better. Take boxing as an example, Khan is huge from it, Tyson Fury who I hardly rate is now a name to the masses even though someone better in David Price is still relatively unknown because he's on sky. Many don't have Sky, we need to tap into young kids as they can be swayed. I'd say that why the old top 4 are so well followed. Sorry for tap into kids, very Saville like.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:30 pm --<br /><br />
Ray78 said:
NipHolmes said:
moomba said:

Celtic got 6m.

That is Mancini's biggest blind spot. Whether he can improve us on that is open to debate. However I don't see Mourinho here next season.

I'm done guessing about Jose. I thought we would get Pep. Jose to Chelsea seems more likely than here. Other than Klopp I don't see the positives in assigning anyone else. Either improve or stay put, no point in change for change sakes.

NipHolmes said:
LoveCity said:
NipHolmes said:

That's my line of thought although I do believe if we end up potless and say 10 points off United I'd be sure to say Mancini would be up for questioning and in danger.

Most fans only know of European teams for the performances in Champions League. If we do well then our commercial revenues will boost as companies will want to be part of it. Also what many don't seem to take into account is that we will be on tv, many fans become fans of clubs from watching on tv. It's all about exposure, also the more we are on terrestrial tv the better. Take boxing as an example, Khan is huge from it, Tyson Fury who I hardly rate is now a name to the masses even though someone better in David Price is still relatively unknown because he's on sky. Many don't have Sky, we need to tap into young kids as they can be swayed. I'd say that why the old top 4 are so well followed. Sorry for tap into kids, very Saville like.

-- Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:30 pm --

Ray78 said:
NipHolmes said:
Celtic got 6m.

I'm done guessing about Jose. I thought we would get Pep. Jose to Chelsea seems more likely than here. Other than Klopp I don't see the positives in assigning anyone else. Either improve or stay put, no point in change for change sakes.

Same here. Next season will be interesting to see who we will sign and what improvements we will make on both on a Domestic and European level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.