Mourinho or Mancini

Marvin said:
Davs 19 said:
Marvin said:
1) What went wrong for Mourinho at Real Madrid - not only are they trailing Barcelona by 16 points, they are also trailing Athletico Madrid. And this with a squad that is far more talented than City's or Athletico Madrid's

2) Any new appointment brings risks - a new top name manager doesn't always work - see Chelsea who have gone through countless highly regarded managers

3) Mourinho may not even want to come here, and our Directors may not want him as they overlooked him when they were appointed Guardiola at Barca

4) Change manager when it is clear that the current manager has taken us far as he can. It's not clear at the moment that that is the case. If mancini gets the season back on track and we finish 2nd, and go to Wembley again, I wouldn't want to change manager

I don't think many City fans would be too upset to see Mourinho on the City bench, but I wouldn't want to change at the first sign of trouble. How many times have man Utd struggled in recent seasons eg lost 6-3 at Soton, lost 5-0 at Newcastle? They have gone seasons without winning anything, so why should we change manager when we draw two and lose one?

The season is not over. We should put this discussion on one side and get behind the team

I'd be confident that every Blue on here 'get's behind the team', regardless of their opinion of who should/shouldn't manage our club.

If you want to 'put discussion to one side', it could be that an Internet football forum isn't the place for you ;.)
As long as fans are behind the team at the games I don't mind. But there's a lot of fans that read this message board and if you think it has no influence, why bother posting comment?

You only have to think back to previous eras at City to see what effect unrest in the stands had on the team, and look at Chelsea this season whose season has been derailed by dissent.

Firstly Marv, I think that you need to re-read my original post....'firmly in the Mancini camp'....

Secondly, If I find another posters comment logical, I'll say so.

Thirdly, I've never given less than 100 % support to my club on a match day for over 35 years. If you think that discussion on a forum would turn match going Blues against the team, I think you're doing them a great disservice.

taconinja said:
flb said:
taconinja said:
His intractability is my chief worry when it comes to our specific situation. The same stubbornness that makes managers a success can be their downfall. We're watching it play out in Manchester and Madrid at the moment.

Tend to agree, but on the other hand perhaps 2-3 seasons with him in charge with another PL win and progression in the CL might just be the short term tonic we need, I was gutted when Pep went to Munich as I thought he'd be ours for next season.

Just hope the bridges aren't burnt down with our Spanish hierarchy and Jose as for the life of me I can't see who else is capable for City at this important time in our development.
This is of course simply opinion, but I've never been convinced of Guardiola's courage. I'm not saying he isn't up for a challenge, but it's a bit easier to walk into a situation with a fully established foundation.

Bayern don't agree, they've pulled a major coup for me in getting him, he's as charismatic as Jose that's for sure,tactically sound and players run through walls for him.

IMO he's the equal of Jose but without the arrogance.

Mancini is bonkers and I don't particularly like him or his style BUT he must be given 5 years - anything else is just going in circles for the club -

The players gotta bloody well man up and work for him - by changing the manager every couple of years it gives players way too much power - they get used to it and then lose respect too easily - its also a way to pass the buck.

I was at the Southampton game with the home support quite close to the dugout and watched him closely - he looked desperate and his mannerisms were that of a man who's losing control or not got it at all. The support for him/and the team was amazing from the City fans, even at 3-1 down - I wonder whether it gave him any comfort!?

He clearly needs to chill and go back to bascis but with the spectre of a another manager taking over how can he. By saying what he has recently (in fact from the first day he came here by saying he would win the title and then take humbridge when we clearly weren't going to by saying 'I'm not a magician!!') he's wrting his obituary - hence my first comment being bonkers.

I'm sure he will learn a lot by reflecting over the summer and regroup and from the lessons of this season build a stronger and more focusesd team - cause that is not what we got at the moment.

bottom line - he's gotta be given more time

You know when all is said and done I beleive that for all Blues save for a very small minority, Mancini will occupy a very special place in the heart

I beleive that maybe he has took us as far as he can and maybe it's time to move on, but what I feel really uncomfortable with is the amount of bile and poison that has been thrown at him by some people on here.

He does not deserve that, and I know it does not represent the majority of City fans, I think it says more about the people throwing the poison than about the man himself, when he goes he will be remembered with fondness and affection by the majority of us

Davs 19 said:
Marvin said:
Davs 19 said:
I'd be confident that every Blue on here 'get's behind the team', regardless of their opinion of who should/shouldn't manage our club.

If you want to 'put discussion to one side', it could be that an Internet football forum isn't the place for you ;.)
As long as fans are behind the team at the games I don't mind. But there's a lot of fans that read this message board and if you think it has no influence, why bother posting comment?

You only have to think back to previous eras at City to see what effect unrest in the stands had on the team, and look at Chelsea this season whose season has been derailed by dissent.

Firstly Marv, I think that you need to re-read my original post....'firmly in the Mancini camp'....

Thirdly, I've never given less than 100 % support to my club on a match day for over 35 years. If you think that discussion on a forum would turn match going Blues against the team, I think you're doing them a great disservice.

Absolutely. There is a world of difference for me between matchdays at the stadium, and the discussion on here.
If Mourinho's RM go out against united, if we do want to see if he's interested, think we'll need to make an approach fairly quickly to find out one way or another.

Ducado said:
You know when all is said and done I beleive that for all Blues save for a very small minority, Mancini will occupy a very special place in the heart

I beleive that maybe he has took us as far as he can and maybe it's time to move on, but what I feel really uncomfortable with is the amount of bile and poison that has been thrown at him by some people on here.

He does not deserve that, and I know it does not represent the majority of City fans, I think it says more about the people throwing the poison than about the man himself, when he goes he will be remembered with fondness and affection by the majority of us

Bang on the money. Probably the most reasoned post on this thread.

Well said sir !

Jonny Boy said:
Mancini is bonkers and I don't particularly like him or his style BUT he must be given 5 years - anything else is just going in circles for the club -

The players gotta bloody well man up and work for him - by changing the manager every couple of years it gives players way too much power - they get used to it and then lose respect too easily - its also a way to pass the buck.

I was at the Southampton game with the home support quite close to the dugout and watched him closely - he looked desperate and his mannerisms were that of a man who's losing control or not got it at all. The support for him/and the team was amazing from the City fans, even at 3-1 down - I wonder whether it gave him any comfort!?

He clearly needs to chill and go back to bascis but with the spectre of a another manager taking over how can he. By saying what he has recently (in fact from the first day he came here by saying he would win the title and then take humbridge when we clearly weren't going to by saying 'I'm not a magician!!') he's wrting his obituary - hence my first comment being bonkers.

I'm sure he will learn a lot by reflecting over the summer and regroup and from the lessons of this season build a stronger and more focusesd team - cause that is not what we got at the moment.

bottom line - he's gotta be given more time

What's wrong with changing managers? That's how most of Europe's elite clubs operate. Bayern and Barcelona included.

The chances of anyone doing a Baconface, and staying at a club for a decade or two are ridiculously slim... And as we've seen with Wenger, a manager can sometimes stay too long, become too comfortable and run out of ideas.

A new manager every three or four years (leaving on good terms) is a smooth way to operate.
You can be stable whilst still changing managers. it's how you do it that counts.

Davs 19 said:
Marvin said:
Davs 19 said:

For years Maine Rd was an unpleasant atmosphere that worked against City as teams came to frustrate City and turn the crowd on the team and manager.

Ideas influence people, maybe only at the margins, but if you have a crowd which is ready to turn on the manager then in a game where you go a goal down the crowd can turn on the manager and the game can be lost.

Players play and thrive off the positive energy of the crowd

Ducado said:

Well said that man. The manager has brought us on leaps and bounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.