Mourinho or Mancini

flb said:
taconinja said:
flb said:
Tend to agree, but on the other hand perhaps 2-3 seasons with him in charge with another PL win and progression in the CL might just be the short term tonic we need, I was gutted when Pep went to Munich as I thought he'd be ours for next season.

Just hope the bridges aren't burnt down with our Spanish hierarchy and Jose as for the life of me I can't see who else is capable for City at this important time in our development.
This is of course simply opinion, but I've never been convinced of Guardiola's courage. I'm not saying he isn't up for a challenge, but it's a bit easier to walk into a situation with a fully established foundation.

Bayern don't agree, they've pulled a major coup for me in getting him, he's as charismatic as Jose that's for sure,tactically sound and players run through walls for him.

IMO he's the equal of Jose but without the arrogance.
Sure, but you think the Bayern Munich job is a gamble of some sort? It's Bayern Munich. They're well-established as an elite power. It's a risk, but it's a cushioned risk. We are the far greater risk. Yes, we have a lot of wealth and a very good plan, but it's a huge gamble with UEFA and the FA looking to find ways to constrain us.

Freestyler said:
Jonny Boy said:
BUT he must be given 5 years -

You're gonna have a very disappointing 5 years then.

er, in last 2 years, an FA Cup and then the title - so disapointing!!

The year after something like that is always so hard for both manager and players - clearly the weight of being champions is there for all to see - players under-performing and a mangaer messing with a working formula

Time can help understand that and learn to be better - however much I'm disapointed with this season (I know, we're only bloody 2nd..!!) I believe standing firm for another two years is what he or any manager needs.

But this is from a supporter in his 40's, maybe if I was a lot younger i'd want to change as soon as things become uncomfortable

Ducado said:
You know when all is said and done I beleive that for all Blues save for a very small minority, Mancini will occupy a very special place in the heart

I beleive that maybe he has took us as far as he can and maybe it's time to move on, but what I feel really uncomfortable with is the amount of bile and poison that has been thrown at him by some people on here.

He does not deserve that, and I know it does not represent the majority of City fans, I think it says more about the people throwing the poison than about the man himself, when he goes he will be remembered with fondness and affection by the majority of us
Indeed. He deserves respect for winning us the title. Honestly, I feel he got some players to over-perform somewhat last season as their weaknesses are a bit more exposed this season to our detriment.

And now I await having to explain constantly to multiple people that I can like a player and recognize they have a weakness. ;)

The way I see it, there are drawbacks with both managers. Mourinho might not be the type to hang around for 10 years and develop a youth set-up to rival Barca's but there's a decent chance he'd win things and make us a force while he was here. Plus his impact is still being felt at Chelsea, 5 years after he left.

With Mancini, he's certainly not a bad manager and we've a lot to thank him for but I don't think he's the one to take us to where Mourinho took Chelsea. The players just won't run through brick walls for him in the same way they would for Mourinho. A manager who can't or doesn't relate to his players and understand their individual motivations will inevitably have a shorter shelf-life than one who can.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The way I see it, there are drawbacks with both managers. Mourinho might not be the type to hang around for 10 years and develop a youth set-up to rival Barca's but there's a decent chance he'd win things and make us a force while he was here. Plus his impact is still being felt at Chelsea, 5 years after he left.

With Mancini, he's certainly not a bad manager and we've a lot to thank him for but I don't think he's the one to take us to where Mourinho took Chelsea. The players just won't run through brick walls for him in the same way they would for Mourinho. A manager who can't or doesn't relate to his players and understand their individual motivations will inevitably have a shorter shelf-life than one who can.
Agreed. I think you can count on two or three years from Mourinho. After that, a more long-term, groomed candidate can be introduced.

Or it could all end in an implosion of ego. It's a gamble, but if you're going to gamble then take the chance on the best.

Prestwich_Blue said:

Ferguson and Brian Clough are both managers who are and were quite distant from their players

Prestwich_Blue said:

Why can't every one be so level headed and even handed? There is nothing in that that many can really disagree with

Prestwich_Blue said:

Yeh i agree just ask ramos,casilas and a few more....

In the end people like Didsbury Dave were right. A lot of people were caught up in the emotion of winning the title in that way, and it clouds judgement. I was one of them; my doubts vanished the moment that ball hit the back of the net. DD stuck with his belief and endured a load of shit for it, but in the end he was right.

Easy to forget about unresolved issues during the euphoria of Aguero's goal. All those issues came home to roost this season without the miracle, now it seems the dream is over and eyes are opening once again.

If you're reading Dave, apologies for that. I never abused him but never really defended him either. I wanted to believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.