Mourinho or Mancini

Blue Haze said:
In the end people like Didsbury Dave were right. A lot of people were caught up in the emotion of winning the title in that way, and it clouds judgement. I was one of them; my doubts vanished the moment that ball hit the back of the net. DD stuck with his belief and endured a load of shit for it, but in the end he was right.

Easy to forget about unresolved issues during the euphoria of Aguero's goal. All those issues came home to roost this season without the miracle, now it seems the dream is over and eyes are opening once again.

If you're reading Dave, apologies for that. I never abused him but never really defended him either. I wanted to believe.
I disagree. Too many act like there are no drawbacks to Mourinho. He has many of the same flaws as Mancini.

taconinja said:
Blue Haze said:
In the end people like Didsbury Dave were right. A lot of people were caught up in the emotion of winning the title in that way, and it clouds judgement. I was one of them; my doubts vanished the moment that ball hit the back of the net. DD stuck with his belief and endured a load of shit for it, but in the end he was right.

Easy to forget about unresolved issues during the euphoria of Aguero's goal. All those issues came home to roost this season without the miracle, now it seems the dream is over and eyes are opening once again.

If you're reading Dave, apologies for that. I never abused him but never really defended him either. I wanted to believe.
I disagree. Too many act like there are no drawbacks to Mourinho. He has many of the same flaws as Mancini.

Guess I rambled a bit there. My point is, I'm going to take the same approach with Mourinho. Take a step back and use objectivity.

I hate Mourinho because of how he acts, but it won't cloud my judgement of his abilities and achievements. He's the best available, as I think DD has pointed out. I'll take emotion out of it this time and hope we pursue Mourinho. Even if he's only here for 3 years, it could realistically include a CL trophy and several league titles.

Blue Haze said:
taconinja said:
Blue Haze said:

Guess I rambled a bit there. My point is, I'm going to take the same approach with Mourinho. Take a step back and use objectivity.

I hate Mourinho because of how he acts, but it won't cloud my judgement of his abilities and achievements. He's the best available, as I think DD has pointed out. I'll take emotion out of it this time and hope we pursue Mourinho. Even if he's only here for 3 years, it could realistically include a CL trophy and several league titles.
It definitely could; however, I think we need to face the fact that our squad isn't as strong as it should be after the amount of investment its received. We may end up having to part with a high-priced player or two to fund the next wave. That makes me more nervous than any managerial change.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Fuck me its going to be a bloodbath on here when jomo doesn't arrive.
The Samaritans won't know what's hit them.
No doubt quite a few will be... cranky. Personally, I think there's a chance, but I fully realize that there are personal issues between him and our executives.

Gaylord du Bois said:

Ha Ha thats better than strongbows mr moo
Could be a sticky that gaylord

It will be double meltdown on here when he rolls up at the chavs.

Marvin said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
The way I see it, there are drawbacks with both managers. Mourinho might not be the type to hang around for 10 years and develop a youth set-up to rival Barca's but there's a decent chance he'd win things and make us a force while he was here. Plus his impact is still being felt at Chelsea, 5 years after he left.

With Mancini, he's certainly not a bad manager and we've a lot to thank him for but I don't think he's the one to take us to where Mourinho took Chelsea. The players just won't run through brick walls for him in the same way they would for Mourinho. A manager who can't or doesn't relate to his players and understand their individual motivations will inevitably have a shorter shelf-life than one who can.
Ferguson and Brian Clough are both managers who are and were quite distant from their players
I don't accept that. Both understood their players very well. Clough knew exactly what made his players tick and also what their personal weaknesses and demons were and helped them overcome those. Players like Keane, Beckham & Ronaldo all talk about Ferguson's skill as a man-manager.

Gaylord du Bois said:

I'll be gutted if he doesn't come here after Madrid, because the best interests of MCFC are very close to my heart. The fact that some fellow blues will be celebrating some sort of bizarre 'victory' is baffling to me.

The cookie monster said:
Gaylord du Bois said:

Ha Ha thats better than strongbows mr moo
Could be a sticky that gaylord

It will be double meltdown on here when he rolls up at the chavs.

Agreed, if I was betting I'd say it's more likely he'll choose Chelsea or united if all 3 of us had vacancies. Still would like to see him here though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.