Mourinho or Mancini

Mattyc55 said:
I think Mourinho's main issue at Madrid lies in the obvious fact that his current players don't share nearly as much love for him as the Chelsea, Inter and Porto squads did. As Vieira said, even though he wasnt always In the first eleven at Inter, Mourinho still had a fantastic rapport with all of his players and gave them the belief to move on as a team to the next level. At Madrid, ignoring the fact that he came into a team with such a rich history, managing players who had already won A LOT of international and domestic trophies; I think his obsession with hating Barcelona has rubbed the wrong way with international teammates such as Casillas (who he dropped), Ramos and Alonso.. Players that are HUGE egos in the team. I'm not saying I want Mancini out, but I truly believe that under Mourinho's man management, guys like Kompany, Zaba, Aguero, Hart et al would thrive. Mourinho could take this club to the next level.

Good post

LoveCity said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2277745/Martin-Samuel-Jose-Mourinho-destructive-Manchester-United-City.html#axzz2KRLRpmif

Martin Samuel reckons he is too destructive for us AND United and mirrors the sentiment that he wouldn't fit the image our club is trying to build. I'm not sure really, I think in the event Mancini was sacked he'd be a good bridge between Mancini and the 'legacy' manager as I find it hard to see Mourinho as a 10 year man with a strong belief in youth/academy which eventually our manager will have no option but to have.

This is probably Bullshit, but in one of his interviews he has done in the past 12 months, Mourinho said that his next job is a legacy job and he will stay on a bit longer and he has done.

Here's a thought out of leftfield.

If Mancini were to go, and we wanted someone long term who knows and understands the club well, but with an obvious flaw, Patrick Viera.

Fors:

Premier league winner
World Cup winner
Worldwide respect/big enough name
Experienced working under Wenger, Mourinho, Mancini, Jacquet, Capello
Knowledge of the club/buys into the project
Young enough to be here long term
Dislikes the rags

Against:

No managerial experience
Love for Arsenal

No managerial experience does not necessarily mean failure. Mourinho, villas boas, pep all were successful in their first roles. However if he was successful and arsenal ever came calling I could see only one outcome.

A gamble no doubt but I don't think it's a gamble without a good rationale.

I am a big Mancini fan but i have to admit that if Jose wanted to come to City, we should go for him..

There is no other manager in world football like him and he could win us the lot..

I think if we lose to Leeds somehow, then Mancini should be sacked before he gets up off his seat to shake his opposite's hand. I think Viera would be a good interim choice (at that point what would there be to lose???) and if he seems to handle the job well or exceptionally well...

...then fuck Mourinho.

I think we need a manager that will get more value for money out of transfers. If one would be able to get 2nd or 3rd in the league and do better in Europe on half the budget Mancini seems to find necessary, then we're 10x better off than before. A few more years when Baconface shits himself out on the technical area from a massive stroke or from his heart stopping, we'll all be having a party in more ways than one, including a return to top spot.

The long term outlook for the club is more important at this stage than winning the occasional league title or cup for 200,000,000 spent every few years. Not entirely convinced Mourinho is really able to do that.

LoveCity said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2277745/Martin-Samuel-Jose-Mourinho-destructive-Manchester-United-City.html#axzz2KRLRpmif

Martin Samuel reckons he is too destructive for us AND United and mirrors the sentiment that he wouldn't fit the image our club is trying to build. I'm not sure really, I think in the event Mancini was sacked he'd be a good bridge between Mancini and the 'legacy' manager as I find it hard to see Mourinho as a 10 year man with a strong belief in youth/academy which eventually our manager will have no option but to have.
Good read that,exactly what i said on here last night
Tixi and sorano will paint him as a disruptive individual who will harm the name of the club
Spot on.

johnmc said:

If Mancini were to go, and we wanted someone long term who knows and understands the club well, but with an obvious flaw, Patrick Viera.

Fors:

Premier league winner
World Cup winner
Dislikes the rags

Against:

No managerial experience
Love for Arsenal

No managerial experience does not necessarily mean failure. Mourinho, villas boas, pep all were successful in their first roles. However if he was successful and arsenal ever came calling I could see only one outcome.

Here's another thought out of leftfield, read the Patrick Vieira thread;)<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:27 am --<br /><br />
The cookie monster said:
LoveCity said:

Tixi and sorano will paint him as a disruptive individual who will harm the name of the club
Spot on.

How long did ADUG put up with Mario?

OB1 said:
johnmc said:

Fors:

Premier league winner
World Cup winner
Dislikes the rags

Against:

No managerial experience
Love for Arsenal

Here's another thought out of leftfield, read the Patrick Vieira thread;)

-- Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:27 am --

The cookie monster said:
LoveCity said:

Spot on.

How long did ADUG put up with Mario?

3 months once the 2 Spaniards were in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.