Mourinho or Mancini

mjs7yf.png

OB1 said:
Last night was truly abysmal. I know Didsbury Dave commented much earlier in this thread on the contrast between Klopp and his team and City and it was a sickening comparison because it demonstrated how much better we should be. Another telling point was when they flashed up the distance covered at around 70 minutes and Dortmund had run a considerable distance further than City.

We have shown no progression this season, in fact, we have gone backwards.

I don't think we can get Jose or Klopp to City so our ex-Barca guys need to get their former colleague lined-up to take over in the summer.

It's something noone seems willing to pick up on, but to me it shone through like a beacon. They played like a unit. They kept their shape. They were superbly organised and worked like dogs. They smiled on the pitch, encouraged each other, celebrated as a team. The manager prowled the touchline, encouraging, talking to players, hugging them as they went on, hugging them as they came off. You could see the "togetherness", even though the game was a dead rubber and they played their reserves.

We were the exact opposite. Frustrated, falling out, manager screaming abuse on the touchline. Everyone blaming everyone else.

The contrast shocked me. I smelt coffee....

Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
Last night was truly abysmal. I know Didsbury Dave commented much earlier in this thread on the contrast between Klopp and his team and City and it was a sickening comparison because it demonstrated how much better we should be. Another telling point was when they flashed up the distance covered at around 70 minutes and Dortmund had run a considerable distance further than City.

We have shown no progression this season, in fact, we have gone backwards.

I don't think we can get Jose or Klopp to City so our ex-Barca guys need to get their former colleague lined-up to take over in the summer.

It's something noone seems willing to pick up on, but to me it shone through like a beacon. They played like a unit. They kept their shape. They were superbly organised and worked like dogs. They smiled on the pitch, encouraged each other, celebrated as a team. The manager prowled the touchline, encouraging, talking to players, hugging them as they went on, hugging them as they came off. You could see the "togetherness", even though the game was a dead rubber and they played their reserves.

We were the exact opposite. Frustrated, falling out, manager screaming abuse on the touchline. Everyone blaming everyone else.

The contrast shocked me. I smelt coffee....

As you said earlier Dave, the contrast was in the dugout rather than in the abilities and qualities of the players on show.

Fair point, but those managers are in completely different positions and have starkly different theories on how to get the best out of players. I'm not sure what exactly you're criticising here?

Damocles said:
Fair point, but those managers are in completely different positions and have starkly different theories on how to get the best out of players. I'm not sure what exactly you're criticising here?

Shouldn't you just tell him to go support Chelsea dickhead ?

EDIT:

:)

Better put that there in case the joke is lost on anyone and I get a ban.

Damocles said:

Not a complex point. The fact that one of those manager's theories completely and obviously trumped the other last night.

BillyShears said:
Damocles said:

Shouldn't you just tell him to go support Chelsea dickhead ?

EDIT:

:)

Better put that there in case the joke is lost on anyone and I get a ban.
If anyone wants to ban you, they'll have to go through me first. I might not agree with what you say, but I'd die for your right to say it.

Moo

Skashion said:
strongbowholic said:
If anyone wants to ban you, they'll have to go through me first. I might not agree with what you say, but I'd die for your right to say it.

Moo
No offence but you're milking this moo thing now.
Don't talk bull.

Moo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.