Mourinho or Mancini

They didn't play well against us home or away

Mourinho has lost the players. Watched them at home to Espanyol at the weekend. Never seen a Real Madrid team play so poorly.

Danamy said:
The cookie monster said:
Danamy said:
Tricky one for Madrid, who's going to come in at this stage of the season and have a go?

No chance of catching Barca now so the only hope of success is through the Champs League and they currently have the best man in charge to make it happen
Not according to the spanish press
Real madrid players
Real madrid fans

And by the end of the weekend perez could join that list

If they think there's somebody out there that gives them a better chance of winning the Champs League this season then good luck to them.

I would not rule Mourinho getting the sack before the season, what if he loses the dressing room even more?

There is surely a divide at the moment and how can a team go into the knockout rounds of the CL divided?

I would not rule out Ancelotti you know, he is a cup manager and is one of the better coaches around to do a job in Madrid.

CL does not start until February anyway so Perez might seem a change be OK in the time schedule they have, Mourinho is obviously best off staying but it just seems to be an increasing dramatic soap opera every week, anything can happen in my opinion.

robbieh said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Maybe Jose wanted the last piece of chocolate log?

He can replace the Christmas pudding we have;)

Seriously, Jose is actually showing physical signs of pressure?

I'm sure he assumed he could sack the league and coast, focusing only on Champs League.

Irrespective of where he ends up, Jose out of work with five months of season left would be like a stalking horse used on Mancini.

So a bloke that has been sacked and who has not a chance in hell of ever being City's manager is going to be applying pressure to Mancini. You wish.

The only thing that will put pressure on Mancini is if our league performances dip so much that we fall 13 points behind the leaders as Real have done.

Well TH obviously does wish.

Why you think that if he's sacked from Madrid it will not put pressure on Mancini, is quite beyond me. Jose was sacked by Chelsea; didn't mean that was a good decision and it certainly didn't prevent teams wanting to employ him.

City's owner is widely believed to have wanted Jose to manage City so I'd suggest he does have a chance of being appointed at City. For all any of us know, one of Ferran's job interview questions might have been "would you employ Mourinho?".

No doubt Madrid could afford it, but didn't Jose sign a new deal over last year or so?

He reputedly earns £12m a year and also a massive buy-out clause if another club calling.

He wins either way. Massive pay-off or no compensation and free to walk into a new job.

As for supposed insight into the Barca boardroom during that time Pep was overlooked, it was a large article from Soriano that made reference to Mourinho having it in the bag until Pep's interview put then in the shade.

It might be splitting hairs, but this summer we attempted to buy a 29 year-old striker, paying a small fortune if needed.

The club disregarded all that, sadly, we missed out, but it's clear City think short and long term re impact on the pitch and team.

After all, most insist Mourinho won't stay anywhere longer than four or five years.

Which would suit us fine, in terms of when we can realistically start to think about introducing talent into the side which can more than hold its own.

OB1 said:
robbieh said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I'm sure he assumed he could sack the league and coast, focusing only on Champs League.

Irrespective of where he ends up, Jose out of work with five months of season left would be like a stalking horse used on Mancini.

So a bloke that has been sacked and who has not a chance in hell of ever being City's manager is going to be applying pressure to Mancini. You wish.

The only thing that will put pressure on Mancini is if our league performances dip so much that we fall 13 points behind the leaders as Real have done.

Why you think that if he's sacked from Madrid it will not put pressure on Mancini, is quite beyond me. Jose was sacked by Chelsea; didn't mean that was a good decision and it certainly didn't prevent teams wanting to employ him.

City's owner is widely believed to have wanted Jose to manage City so I'd suggest he does have a chance of being appointed at City. For all any of us know, one of Ferran's job interview questions might have been "would you employ Mourinho?".
Or do you believe in Christmas for that matter

OB1 said:
robbieh said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

The pressure on Mancini and any other manager for that matter, at a top club, comes simply because Mourinho is out of work.

Guardiola has already been linked numerous times with our job, despite keeping his feet up in New York.

A bad result, will only fuel speculation.

And that goes for Ancelotti, Mancini, Benitez, Villa-boas.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
No doubt Madrid could afford it, but didn't Jose sign a new deal over last year or so?

He reputedly earns £12m a year and also a massive buy-out clause if another club calling.

He wins either way. Massive pay-off or no compensation and free to walk into a new job.

As for supposed insight into the Barca boardroom during that time Pep was overlooked, it was a large article from Soriano that made reference to Mourinho having it in the bag until Pep's interview put then in the shade.

It might be splitting hairs, but this summer we attempted to buy a 29 year-old striker, paying a small fortune if needed.

The club disregarded all that, sadly, we missed out, but it's clear City think short and long term re impact on the pitch and team.

After all, most insist Mourinho won't stay anywhere longer than four or five years.

Which would suit us fine, in terms of when we can realistically start to think about introducing talent into the side which can more than hold its own.

Thats what I like about you Tolmie , you don't like to answer a question with a Yes or No.

You would do well in political career.

For me I would rather have RM than JM for next season but ask me again this time next year and I may say something different just like the politicians we all are.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
OB1 said:
robbieh said:

The pressure on Mancini and any other manager for that matter, at a top club, comes simply because Mourinho is out of work.

Guardiola has already been linked numerous times with our job, despite keeping his feet up in New York.

A bad result, will only fuel speculation.

And that goes for Ancelotti, Mancini, Benitez, Villa-boas.

Depends on the goals and targets Tolmie or as you say the Romans who want to be entertained and win at the same time and win trophies until he becomes bored again.

Most of the managers with a cv of note don't fear about getting the sack , most others expect it.

The pressure comes from the media hype, the hangers on and the corporates and money men , but most of all from an under performing team.

RM couldn't give a flying if he was replaced sooner rather than later especially as he was at the helm last May 13.

Whether JM or Pep or anyone could do more in less than three years who knows and we might never find out if the owners get that Roman feeling.

As for you , yes you want to be entertained with world class performances week in week out from the men from Etihad win lose or draw.

For me I want as many three points as we can get and if it gets us the title a few more times in my time then that's fine by me and I am entertained like you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.