Mourinho or Mancini

tolmie's hairdoo said:
LoveCity said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Please don't get my hopes up like this, cookie!

If Jose is gone by the turkey sandwiches, I can dream of one last present under the Christmas tree, and what a present it would be.

Jose strikes me as the kinda fella who loves to have the last laugh.

As someone with contacts in the club, I don't understand how you can believe Ferran Soriano would bring Mourinho to the club when there is no love lost (it's in his book) and when the academy is going to be the centerpiece of our club in the coming years and Mourinho is proven to prefer ready-made players signed from other clubs (or already there when he arrives). I just don't see it, it'd go against the whole ethos our club is trying to build... and that's before the issue of image which our owners are so bothered about, wanting the club free of scandal and infamy. Mourinho has made the biggest club in the world reviled by many thanks to on and off-the-pitch incidents (including eyepokegate). I personally believe he's the best coach in the world despite his Real Madrid imploding before our very eyes, but don't think he's compatible with the Manchester City our owners and CEO envision.

If Begiristain and Soriano were so entrenched in their only view of Mourinho, then why interview him for Barca job in first place?

A club, to it's core, which wants to rely on the youth supply.

It's a common misconception but Jose actually had that job in the bag, suitably impressed, but Pep then nailed the interview and the board had a belief they shared more of a common belief.

Different horses for different courses. We might want to emulate Barca one day but we are at a very different stage in our evolution.

We need to learn how to win on a consistent basis, dominate, before we can afford the luxury of setting a utopian path.

All I know is the owners have previously entertained the notion of Mourinho, and for that reason, coupled in my belief he is the best we can do in football, I retain a small hope, nothing more.
So you have got contacts in the Barcelona boardroom as well as City?

Mourinho now has his first real test is his managerial career. I wouldn't back him getting much out of Real Madrid's season.

robbieh said:
The only thing that will put pressure on Mancini is if our league performances dip so much that we fall 13 points behind the leaders as Real have done.

We'll just forget about our continuing European fiasco eh??

Get the man here!

Marvin said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
LoveCity said:
As someone with contacts in the club, I don't understand how you can believe Ferran Soriano would bring Mourinho to the club when there is no love lost (it's in his book) and when the academy is going to be the centerpiece of our club in the coming years and Mourinho is proven to prefer ready-made players signed from other clubs (or already there when he arrives). I just don't see it, it'd go against the whole ethos our club is trying to build... and that's before the issue of image which our owners are so bothered about, wanting the club free of scandal and infamy. Mourinho has made the biggest club in the world reviled by many thanks to on and off-the-pitch incidents (including eyepokegate). I personally believe he's the best coach in the world despite his Real Madrid imploding before our very eyes, but don't think he's compatible with the Manchester City our owners and CEO envision.

If Begiristain and Soriano were so entrenched in their only view of Mourinho, then why interview him for Barca job in first place?

A club, to it's core, which wants to rely on the youth supply.

It's a common misconception but Jose actually had that job in the bag, suitably impressed, but Pep then nailed the interview and the board had a belief they shared more of a common belief.

Different horses for different courses. We might want to emulate Barca one day but we are at a very different stage in our evolution.

We need to learn how to win on a consistent basis, dominate, before we can afford the luxury of setting a utopian path.

All I know is the owners have previously entertained the notion of Mourinho, and for that reason, coupled in my belief he is the best we can do in football, I retain a small hope, nothing more.
So you have got contacts in the Barcelona boardroom as well as City?

Mourinho now has his first real test is his managerial career. I wouldn't back him getting much out of Real Madrid's season.

In another league maybe he could turn it around but Mourinho has still to crack Barcelona and the only team i saw beating them was Athletico Madrid and they gave them a hiding at the weekend.

It's ironic that the people we now have at our helm had a hand in exactly what year after year seems to stand in his way.

Mourinho stands for everything our owners and the new management do not want, we want growth, youth and prosperity, not an instant, risky attempt at success by putting someone like Mourinho in the driving seat.

Haha Mourinho will be well pissed of if Madrid don't give him the chance of winning the champion league! And if they do sack him he has been a failure for a Madrid manager

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The cookie monster said:
According to la liga revisted lose this weekend to malaga and he could be gone
Fallen out with club,players,fans and press
He looked ill when they showed him..

Please don't get my hopes up like this, cookie!

If Jose is gone by the turkey sandwiches, I can dream of one last present under the Christmas tree, and what a present it would be.

Jose strikes me as the kinda fella who loves to have the last laugh.

P.S. Jose just happens to share the same agent as Falcao, one Jorge Mendes.

Mendes can make his main man, Jose, even more attractive to interested clubs with that particular bargaining chip.

Jose heading to Chelsea then?

waspish said:
Haha Mourinho will be well pissed of if Madrid don't give him the chance of winning the champion league! And if they do sack him he has been a failure for a Madrid manager

Tricky one for Madrid, who's going to come in at this stage of the season and have a go?

No chance of catching Barca now so the only hope of success is through the Champs League and they currently have the best man in charge to make it happen

Danamy said:
waspish said:

Tricky one for Madrid, who's going to come in at this stage of the season and have a go?

No chance of catching Barca now so the only hope of success is through the Champs League and they currently have the best man in charge to make it happen
Not according to the spanish press
Real madrid players
Real madrid fans

And by the end of the weekend perez could join that list

The cookie monster said:
Danamy said:
waspish said:

Not according to the spanish press
Real madrid players
Real madrid fans

And by the end of the weekend perez could join that list

If they think there's somebody out there that gives them a better chance of winning the Champs League this season then good luck to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.