Mourinho played last 10mins with 1 defender vs Kiev

mourinho is a winner he doesnt settle for a piont he wants all 3 and thats wat city needs to learn always go for 3pts and a ya will win more than ya lose i think

Neville Kneville said:
Chippy_boy said:
I agree with all of that, but on the other hand the OP does have a point.

I think City as a team still lack self belief and manifests itself as us too often seeming to be happy with a point. "Well we are away... they were a very good side... etc etc".

You don't see that attitude at Chelsea, Rags especially. To a lesser extent Arse and Dippers. To them a draw is clearly 2 points dropped and they really go all out to try to win.

The rags game this season was a classic. OK they had the ref on their side but they were throwing everything at us to get a win. We were happy to hang on for a point, and look what happened.

Have a look at their winning goal again. They had more players around our box than we did because half our team went forward as the ball was cleared. If we'd defended as a team Owen would've been marked but SWP, Ireland etc had gone forward past the ball. We should have been defending properly & going home with the point but didn't.

I can't remember exactly but what you say seems reasonable, so fair point.

But it doesn't change the fact that we are too "happy" with a draw imho.

This is exactly what i don't like about hughes! his negative tactics! We've got genuinely world class players in our team, yet we're scraping draws with Fulham, Wigan & Birmingham! We need to be going all out for wins because on paper (I know that 'on paper' isn't always a guarenteed win, but it should be against some of the teams we haven't beaten this season) we are as good as, if not better than, any of the 'Big Four'!!

I wouldn't say Hughes has been negative, sacrificing De Jong for Ireland against Birmingham, bringing on 2 attacking players when we down to 10 against Wigan, they just haven't really payed off. Mourinho had to go all out attack to save his sorry ass, because a defeat, and not reaching the knockouts would very likely have cost his job, especially if they finished bottom and missed out on Europa.

False comparison: Effectively a Knockout last night

If you're getting beat with 5 mins to go, of course you throw on forwards. That's not managerial insight

Unknown_Genius said:
I wouldn't say Hughes has been negative, sacrificing De Jong for Ireland against Birmingham, bringing on 2 attacking players when we down to 10 against Wigan, they just haven't really payed off. Mourinho had to go all out attack to save his sorry ass, because a defeat, and not reaching the knockouts would very likely have cost his job, especially if they finished bottom and missed out on Europa.

Hopefully he will get sacked, come to us and we might actually win something!! We're gonna struggle against Burnley on Saturday unless we go out from the start with two strikers and two wingers!! POSITIVE TACTICS!!

Chippy_boy said:
Neville Kneville said:
Have a look at their winning goal again. They had more players around our box than we did because half our team went forward as the ball was cleared. If we'd defended as a team Owen would've been marked but SWP, Ireland etc had gone forward past the ball. We should have been defending properly & going home with the point but didn't.

I can't remember exactly but what you say seems reasonable, so fair point.

But it doesn't change the fact that we are too "happy" with a draw imho.

Personally I don't think we're happy with any of the recent draws tbh but the rags trick over the years has been to always come out of a game with something even if they've cocked it up during the 90 mins, which is effectively what's happened to us over the last few weeks. From the moment Rooney scored that early awful cock up goal at the swamp, a draw would've been a good result there though.

skybluekings said:
When you see other teams going for the kill you understand what Kolo Toure is talking about.

Last night Dinamo Kiev was leading Inter Milan by 1-0 and until the 80th min and they then dug in for the win.

Mourinho responded by playing just 1 defender!! 1 in central defence and everyone else in midfield and attack.
It was crazy to see and boy did it put pressure on Kiev. They couldn't get the ball out of their area for 10 secs.

Inter ended up winning 2-1 (scoring in the 86th and 89th min)

As Kolo said, the best teams go all out for the win. When Inter got the tying goal they could have settled for that and not take the risk, but the kept the same formation and went all out for it.

I LOVE City, but we don't have that "killer" instinct. Is it up to the coach to instill it?
We settle for our results instead of making our results.

REPORT FROM THE GAME:
LINK:http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...cchi-inter-boss-jose-mourinho-is-a-phenomenon

Arrigo Sacchi: Inter Boss Jose Mourinho Is A Phenomenon
The ex-Milan tactician has heaped praise on the Portuguese coach after the Nerazzurri’s last-gasp win over Dinamo Kiev...

Serie A giants Inter scored twice in the final five minutes to defeat Dynamo Kiev 2-1 last night and move top of Champions League Group F.

Diego Milito cancelled out Andriy Shevchenko’s opener with a scuffed effort, before Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder gave the Beneamata their first victory of the European campaign.

And former Milan boss Arrigo Sacchi thinks Jose Mourinho deserves all the credit for this dramatic result.

“I believe Mourinho made all the difference, as he did something we had never seen in Italy so far,” Sacchi told Mediaset.

“He played the last minutes of the game with a single central defender. He created a bit of confusion, but originated something we had never seen in this country.

“I must ask: is he a phenomenon or can he do whatever he wants with the team he has at his disposal? I reckon he is a phenomenon.”

Inter need three points from their final two games to make a sure of a place in the last 16 of the competition.
a very sneaky anti hughes thread !

It reminded me, albeit, not exactly, of a situation years ago at a UEFA conference. It was called crisis management. If you can be arsed, go to this link and read the middle column of page 3.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/download/publications/uefa/uefamedia/90/85/14/908514_download.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/dow ... wnload.pdf</a>

I cannot cut and paste the relevant section, however, who instigated the changes? Bobby Robson. Who was Mourinho's mentor? Bobby Robson. Very little is new in football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.