Mourinho

Me. Mancini improved us but just like Inter he can only get you so far. Mourinho will go from second to first. Then from getting knocked out in the champions league group stages to the later knock out rounds.

Forzacitizens said:
sergiokun said:
Forzacitizens said:
Get Mourinho

All those in favour in here

Go get a picture of Jose and sit in a dark room and dream. He won't come he's a tit just get over it

He will come
The step down from Real Madrid to Manchester City would be like Mancini going to Villa or Fulham.

Forzacitizens said:
Masonicity said:
What makes you guys so confident Mourinho will accept a potential City offer? He most likely has his sights set on United or going back to London.

Mourinho isn't the answer anyway. We need a long-term manager. Mourinho is a two-year wonder who will eventually get bored of us and leave us in the same shape he left Inter behind.

I don't think he is a 2 year manager mate, especially his next move where he said he wants to stay in England
Two things:

1. Mourinho loves London. He said it over a million times. If he doesn't go back to Chelsea, he'll go to either Arsenal (should Wenger retire) or Spurs. Apart from that, there's United, which he's been linked to for a very long time. And as for "managing United ins't exactly building a legacy", i.e. the argument pro-Mourinho City fans are using, well then there's a club called Liverpool that I'm sure he won't hesitate joining, and there's plenty of legacy he can build there.

So realistically, City isn't his highest priority. He'll never join a club that is being overshadowed by Ferguson.

2. Let's assume he joins City. He wins the league, the FA Cup and Carling Cup over the course of 2-3 years. Then the same spoiled bunch who are shouting for Mourinho will want more. By then they'll probably want European glory. Let's say he goes for a few years without winning anything. Those same people will be calling for Mourinho's head. And since he's not a long-term manager, I'm sure he'll lose interest and head elsewhere, be it in England or abroad. And since City would have made a habit of axing managers by then, the owners would most likely respond to City fans's demands in the same hypothetical manner they responded to sacking Mancini.

In other words,
tumblr_lky7b0IeUB1qk0lefo1_400.gif

If we start getting rid of managers because we come up short at the end of the season - we'll become like Chelsea.

Yes Mancini has made mistakes, but you have to give managers time to put them right.

I would have thought City fans after all the crap we went through over the years sacking managers and having no stability would understand this.

danburge82 said:
Forzacitizens said:
sergiokun said:
Go get a picture of Jose and sit in a dark room and dream. He won't come he's a tit just get over it

He will come
The step down from Real Madrid to Manchester City would be like Mancini going to Villa or Fulham.

We're not little city anymore, we've got some of the best players (supposedly) in the world with great ambition. I would rather create history then go to somewhere like united where you're just another name

danburge82 said:
Forzacitizens said:
sergiokun said:

He will come

bullshit the city job is one of the most attractive jobs around with the funds we have plus a secured champions lge spot

blue44 said:
I honestly don't think he would,i really believe we must have tried before and he's said no cos of Real etc

i think though we really are a better offer to him than utd,everything is set up there to carry on as normal,with us we have to break down their dominance,i think he'd love that challenge,if after he buggers off at least we'd be in a stronger position than now
You can't blame him for choosing Real over us, given where we were 2 years ago. It's been said on here that he's approached us this season. The thing we don't know is who else he's talking to.

But we are where Chelsea were when he went there. We've spent money, have a decent team, are in second place but need that little bit extra to win things. And we know what he did then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.