Mourinho

get him in and bring Ronaldo with him! they are both the reasons rm are winning la liga and possibly champion's league this season!

AVB?

If the papers are to be believed it was the owner/players fucking him at Chelsea. Seems like the sort of man who would be set for a long term project.

But anyway no to mourinho.

We have come so close this season if we get a new manager in it will mean rebuilding the squad to suit and potentially another wasted season. I have faith in Mancini for now, I think that much is owed to him after FA cup and the incredible form we were in at the start of the season/ at home all season.

If he doesn't buck up in europe next year and doesn't seem up to it at the start then maybe change.

Masonicity said:
Forzacitizens said:
Masonicity said:
What makes you guys so confident Mourinho will accept a potential City offer? He most likely has his sights set on United or going back to London.

Mourinho isn't the answer anyway. We need a long-term manager. Mourinho is a two-year wonder who will eventually get bored of us and leave us in the same shape he left Inter behind.

Two things:

1. Mourinho loves London. He said it over a million times. If he doesn't go back to Chelsea, he'll go to either Arsenal (should Wenger retire) or Spurs. Apart from that, there's United, which he's been linked to for a very long time. And as for "managing United ins't exactly building a legacy", i.e. the argument pro-Mourinho City fans are using, well then there's a club called Liverpool that I'm sure he won't hesitate joining, and there's plenty of legacy he can build there.

I love London but i'd move where the best job is and what motivates me. He could get bored but that's football, some of our players like Aguero and Silva might get bored of us.

So realistically, City isn't his highest priority. He'll never join a club that is being overshadowed by Ferguson.

2. Let's assume he joins City. He wins the league, the FA Cup and Carling Cup over the course of 2-3 years. Then the same spoiled bunch who are shouting for Mourinho will want more. By then they'll probably want European glory. Let's say he goes for a few years without winning anything. Those same people will be calling for Mourinho's head. And since he's not a long-term manager, I'm sure he'll lose interest and head elsewhere, be it in England or abroad. And since City would have made a habit of axing managers by then, the owners would most likely respond to City fans's demands in the same hypothetical manner they responded to sacking Mancini.

If Mourinho gets bored that's not us sacking him is it? If he wins the league and several cups i could go a season without winning anything knowing we have the best manager available.

In other words,
tumblr_lky7b0IeUB1qk0lefo1_400.gif

marco said:
danburge82 said:
Forzacitizens said:
He will come
The step down from Real Madrid to Manchester City would be like Mancini going to Villa or Fulham.

bullshit the city job is one of the most attractive jobs around with the funds we have plus a secured champions lge spot
Villa and Fulham play in the same competition as us. We will be in the same competition as Real Madrid. Real Madrid are the biggest club on the planet. Anything else is a step down.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Masonicity said:
So realistically, City isn't his highest priority. He'll never join a club that is being overshadowed by Ferguson.
He did in 2005.

And, to be fair to the argument, Mourinho was in a different position in 2005. He was not going to be offered Real or Inter.

Again, I repeat, we need a long-term manager and everywhere he goes he leaves within two or three years even after saying he wants to stay awhile.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Masonicity said:
He did in 2005.
You mean 2004. And no, it's different. In 2004, Chelsea was overshadowed by Arsene Wenger. Mourinho's battle of London was easier to win. In fact, since he took over Chelsea, he not only made Chelsea the better London side but he also knocked Arsenal off their perch. They no longer rule that city.

In Manchester, it's a tougher task and our fans are clearly not patient enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.