Mourinho

While I think he is the best manager out there, I just don't see how Mourinho matches the vision of our club (academy plans, less expensive young signings, etc.). Mourinho has said I think that his next job will be the one where he settles down for the long haul but he has a really poor record of promoting from within. He will give the kids an occasional run but prefers to buy ready made. Real Madrid has a great academy but as usual none of them can truly break through. If Mancini is given his marching orders, surely his replacement has to agree that youth and promoting from within is part of the job (or else we may as well demolish what has already been built of the new academy) and that just isn't on Mourinho's CV unless he plans to change. We should look at Klopp if Mancini goes, Dortmund's style of football would be very well suited to the Premier League and he seems to have some of the positive traits of both Mourinho and Guardiola.

LoveCity said:
While I think he is the best manager out there, I just don't see how Mourinho matches the vision of our club (academy plans, less expensive young signings, etc.). Mourinho has said I think that his next job will be the one where he settles down for the long haul but he has a really poor record of promoting from within. He will give the kids an occasional run but prefers to buy ready made. Real Madrid has a great academy but as usual none of them can truly break through. If Mancini is given his marching orders, surely his replacement has to agree that youth and promoting from within is part of the job (or else we may as well demolish what has already been built of the new academy) and that just isn't on Mourinho's CV unless he plans to change. We should look at Klopp if Mancini goes, Dortmund's style of football would be very well suited to the Premier League and he seems to have some of the positive traits of both Mourinho and Guardiola.
I said on another thread that maybe we need him to raise the profile of the club for a few years. Marwood & Begiristain will work on the academy, which will take a few years to develop properly.

LoveCity said:

It's going to take a good few years before our academy starts to bear fruit though.

We could quite easily get 3 or 4 good years out of Jose and establish ourselves in the chumps before we need worry about anything else.

Plus of course that if PSG get away with their Qatar deal then Sheikh Mansour can quite happily tip out his piggy bank....

LoveCity said:

One can give time to young players only if they are good enough. He did that with Callejon there and he is introducing this new striker slowly. Bought Ozil and Khedira for peanuts too.

Real Madrid is not really in academy business for some time now, their business model is based on buying stars and earn on selling merchandise with their names and it's not Mourinho's exclusivity to be in such position over there. Actually, he didn't spend lot of money there at all, I can't remember any big money signing except Di Maria and Modric. And buying Ozil for 14m EUR was a masterclass.

LoveCity said:

Think he said those things about his next job to make him more appealing for united, which I think would be his first choice. Would love him here though,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.