Move that f*****g flag in 308

Strange,.but true.

Just a few weeks after the Munich air crash, the City Supporters Special Train crashed in Chinley en route to Manchester following a victory at Luton.

92 Supporters. were on board according to the National Rail Accidents Archive
Apparently Dave.Wallace.from.King of the Kippax was on board.

Strange,.but true.

Just a few weeks after the Munich air crash, the City Supporters Special Train crashed in Chinley en route to Manchester following a victory at Luton.

92 Supporters. were on board according to the National Rail Accidents Archive
Apparently Dave.Wallace.from.King of the Kippax was on board.
Collision between two passenger trains at Chinley in 1958.

The 5.15 pm. express excursion train, Luton to Manchester Central, was wrongly admitted under clear signals on the Down Fast line into Chinley station where it ran into the 7.10 pm passenger train, Derby to Manchester Central, which was standing at the platform. The speed at impact was not high, about 30 to 35 m.p.h., as the excursion train had been checked on the approach to Chinley, and the driver also was able to see the train in front in time to apply the brake, but the rear coach of the stationary train was penetrated for nearly half of its length by the engine of the excursion train. Fortunately there were no passengers in the more seriously damaged part of this coach, and of the total of 6 passengers in this train and 90 in the excursion train, only 8 required treatment. All were discharged from hospital within a few days

I got turfed off a train en route to Sheffield a couple of years ago at Chinley. It then headed back to Manchester presumably, leaving about 20 of us stuck on this uncovered platform, surrounded by fuck all but fields for as far as the eye could see, for about three hours.

What the fuck is the point of a train station in the middle of miles and miles of fields?

I got turfed off a train en route to Sheffield a couple of years ago at Chinley. It then headed back to Manchester presumably, leaving about 20 of us stuck on this uncovered platform, surrounded by fuck all but fields for as far as the eye could see, for about three hours.

What the fuck is the point of a train station in the middle of miles and miles of fields?
Chinley had been a large and relevant train station, prior to the Beeching Report, and as per my previous post, it had also witnessed a train crash involving the City Supporters Special travelling home from a game at Luton in 1958.
In those days you could travel direct to London, but thanks to Dr Beeching, it's now a train station in the middle of "miles and miles of fields"

However, the thousands of hikers who travel to Chinley en route to Kinder Scout might consider your assessment a tad harsh.

Chinley has two pubs in the Good Beer Guide just down the hill in Whitehough, both good if a bit upmarket.
That makes it OK with me.

Chinley has two pubs in the Good Beer Guide just down the hill in Whitehough, both good if a bit upmarket.
That makes it OK with me.

Owned by the same person and only 50 yards apart

The Old Hall in particular is a fantastic pub/restaurant/B&B

The miles and miles of fields are where they are going to build the new airport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.