Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

Watched the latest Halloween film this morning. It was okay-ish, I suppose. Though the last scene, without giving too much away, stretches credibility somewhat. And yes; I've heard of suspension of disbelief, thank you very much. Being an all round nice guy, with a generous disposition (don't laugh), I'll give it a 6/10. If I was a see you next tuesday, I'd go with 3/10!

I watched that live. I was not impressed
Here is a link that backs up what I think

Thanks for that.

The trailer was designed to bring the audience back into the familiar aspects of the 'Bat' universe (audience retention). The article wants the trailer to show 'detective' skills, it does. Wants it to show his errors in early crime fighting, it does as it shows how risky his run-ins and actions are.

Anything too much more and the whole storyline is blown (without searching for it online).

Everything the article asks for is 95% there, it just flashes by through quick edit.

Thanks for that.

The trailer was designed to bring the audience back into the familiar aspects of the 'Bat' universe (audience retention). The article wants the trailer to show 'detective' skills, it does. Wants it to show his errors in early crime fighting, it does as it shows how risky his run-ins and actions are.

Anything too much more and the whole storyline is blown (without searching for it online).

Everything the article asks for is 95% there, it just flashes by through quick edit.

I dont know about that. The movie, while looking cool, feels like a reskin of a movie we have already seen.

Actually it reminds me of the amazing Spider-Man movie trailers which all looked gritter then the Raimi movies and also promised to dig into Peters parents history.

I dont know about that. The movie, while looking cool, feels like a reskin of a movie we have already seen.

Actually it reminds me of the amazing Spider-Man movie trailers which all looked gritter then the Raimi movies and also promised to dig into Peters parents history.

Sure it's a "reskin", nobody said it wasn't.

We've had camp 'Bats', lukewarm 'Bats', tentative 'Bats', gadget 'Bats', but what we've not seen is an anthology 'Bats'. Something consistent, something grounded that explores his mentality properly, explores his personality & intellect and dealing with unresolved issues surrounding his parents and how it ALL ties in.

That's what I'm looking forward to as it delves into 'Year One/ Year Two' of the character. I look forward to it as DC has left Reeves to do his film and not be concerned, overly, what the audience would think.

We will have continued differences on 'Bats', so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the character.

Sure it's a "reskin", nobody said it wasn't.

We've had camp 'Bats', lukewarm 'Bats', tentative 'Bats', gadget 'Bats', but what we've not seen is an anthology 'Bats'. Something consistent, something grounded that explores his mentality properly, explores his personality & intellect and dealing with unresolved issues surrounding his parents and how it ALL ties in.

That's what I'm looking forward to as it delves into 'Year One/ Year Two' of the character. I look forward to it as DC has left Reeves to do his film and not be concerned, overly, what the audience would think.

We will have continued differences on 'Bats', so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the character.

Batman begins did all that!!

Batman begins did all that!!

No, it took elements and then, as Nolan tends to stick his finger up his own arse in wonderment, did its own thing.

'Batman Begins' was a hodge-podge of nothingness as a result.

You would have to ask why Nolan is on board with producing the film if you believe all this has been explored before in the way it is now.

That would be Nolan discounting his earlier work, if that's the case, non?

No, it took elements and then, as Nolan tends to stick his finger up his own arse in wonderment, did its own thing.

'Batman Begins' was a hodge-podge of nothingness as a result.

You would have to ask why Nolan is on board with producing the film if you believe all this has been explored before in the way it is now.

That would be Nolan discounting his earlier work, if that's the case, non?

Where did you read Nolan is producing this movie? Send a link

Batman begins is brilliant. It defines the character and his methods very well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.