Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

Nah it has to be greater than that. The sequels are deep,DEEP philosophical movies. Probably the biggest complaint about them is just how complex they are. So I have 2 theories...

1: they have another deep storyline to tell and it has taken them many years to come up with a good script that gets their points across without seeming to complex

2: they need a payday so are recycling what they did before, doing a "Force Awakens" basically

I hope to God it is the former

They did show a lot of scenes from the old films remade in this one.

I hope they haven't done a force awakens on this

No White Heat (1949)
No Bonnie & Clyde (1967)
No Le Cercle Rouge (1970)
No Get Carter (1971)
No Millers Crossing (1990)
No State of Grace (1992)
No Carlito's Way (1993)
No Sonatine (1993)
No La Haine (1993)
No Chopper (2000)
No City of God (2002)
No Une Prophete (2009)
No Animal Kingdom (2010)

Fuhgeddaboudit.
tzvRNLa.gif

As a huge matrix fan(including sequels) I am impressed...
Yet I still wonder what is the point? I hope Lana wachowscki isnt just looking for a pay day

I've been thinking this over in the last 24 hrs. I think is a culmination of a split in direction for the Wachowskis from a franchise that became confused in what it wanted to say as we clearly evidenced.

I like that this is a single director film now.

My theory is the 'Machines' won in the end as per 'The Architect' predicting and the remade 'The Matrix', but 'Neo' is still the anomaly, but so is 'Trinity', I think, which is why she's still the same and everyone else has been 'remade'.

I can't think of any other reason why the two main protagonists would remain in, what essentially is, a reboot.

I've been thinking this over in the last 24 hrs. I think is a culmination of a split in direction for the Wachowskis from a franchise that became confused in what it wanted to say as we clearly evidenced.

I like that this is a single director film now.

My theory is the 'Machines' won in the end as per 'The Architect' predicting and the remade 'The Matrix', but 'Neo' is still the anomaly, but so is 'Trinity', I think, which is why she's still the same and everyone else has been 'remade'.

I can't think of any other reason why the two main protagonists would remain in, what essentially is, a reboot.
In the original trilogy they said it had happened many times before, but the architect and the oracle came to a deal to make it better this time round, the matrix still exists just in a different form.

In the original trilogy they said it had happened many times before, but the architect and the oracle came to a deal to make it better this time round, the matrix still exists just in a different form.

So that would line up with my thinking, then.

This could be one of those 'eternal battle' type franchises, which would bore the pants off me.

I see that 80s Ruth Ellis film starring Miranda Richardson and Rupert Everett is on Talking Pictures at 9, wonder if it's worth watching.

I was going post this yesterday, but it seems that Jake Gyllenhaal has signed up to play 'Prophet', an anti-hero 1993 sci-fi comic book character from a more obscure publishing label. However, I think he's going to do the 2012 version as it's a GREAT comic book.

Best by-line I could find without revealing too much and I think it's going to be super complicated...

"The distant future Earth is inhabited by alien settlers that feed off of the ape-men mankind has devolved into. John Prophet awakes from cryosleep on a mission to restart the human empire."

prophet-comics-7d686aab-41db-4117-91b3-3d25c7a9056-resize-750.jpeg

Prophet - Remission v1-005.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.