Moving location, standing & atmosphere arrangements in the new North Stand

HelloCity

Atmosphere and standing arrangements in the new stand.

Might as well discuss this separately from the design/construction/traffic points in the main thread since this is a really important element for the future of the stadium.

Would you be willing to move or do you have any ideas as to what the new layout should be?

I’m thinking all the expanded upper tier should be safe standing and that this is where those looking to create an atmosphere can be located.

I’ve seen it mentioned that the lower tier will be safe standing and the new upper section will be seated. For me this would defeat the entire point of having an expanded upper section. The lower standing tier would be detached from the new upper part of the stand, just as it is at the south end, and will lead to different vocal groups singing in an uncoordinated fashion.

By making the much larger upper section safe standing and the main focal point of the stand, it brings everyone together ‘under one roof’ without splitting everyone up over smaller tiers.

It would also be great to see huge banners from the top of the expanded tier to the bottom as well as having smaller banners draped over the front of the tier instead of having those electronic advertising boards.

Happy to have this deleted but it will be important information over the next weeks/months and it might get lost amongst all the other stuff being discussed. The club are specifically looking for this discourse.

(For those wondering, it is perfectly fine to have safe standing in an upper tier and Chelsea currently have it in place at Stamford Bridge)

Last edited:
Completely agree. I think this is one of the most important elements of the expansion.

We need to get this sorted out now and properly organised. Fan groups need to be involved.

The home end should be the second tier. 7,000 fans all stood up in one section - why wouldn’t we do that. Tifo Displays and noise levels would be great.

When we moved from Maine road this wasn’t thought about.

Atmosphere and standing arrangements in the new stand.

Might as well discuss this separately from the design/construction/traffic points in the main thread since this is a really important element for the future of the stadium.

I’m thinking all the expanded upper tier should be safe standing and that this is where those looking to create an atmosphere can be located.

I’ve seen it mentioned that the lower tier will be safe standing and the new upper section will be seated. For me this would defeat the entire point of having an expanded upper section. The lower standing tier would be detached from the new upper part of the stand, just as it is at the south end, and will lead to different vocal groups singing in an uncoordinated fashion.

By making the much larger upper section safe standing and the main focal point of the stand, it brings everyone together ‘under one roof’ without splitting everyone up over smaller tiers.

It would also be great to see huge banners from the top of the expanded tier to the bottom as well as having smaller banners draped over the front of the tier instead of having those electronic advertising boards.

Happy to have this deleted but it will be important information over the next weeks/months and it might get lost amongst all the other stuff being discussed. The club are specifically looking for this discourse.

(For those wondering, it is perfectly fine to have safe standing in an upper tier and Chelsea currently have it in place at Stamford Bridge)
Where do you sit/stand currently ?

I'm not sure it needs a thread. I think 99% of City fans would want the safe standing to be in the large 2nd tier to boost atmosphere. That will create a proper home end and attract the right type of fans in to enhance the atmosphere. It will also help the club market it to the right people as well.

There isn't anything in the guidance that suggests you can't have safe standing on an upper tier. As long as it's been designed appropriately it is seen as safer than all seater areas because of the flow of people and prevention of people climbing over seats to exit/enter the stand and during celebrations where people go flying over seats!

safe standing first tier and a section of the upper tier is best surely? There’s going to need to be breaks in the seating for walkways etc so shouldn’t affect the eye lines of seated rows

I’m relatively towards the front of SSL3 and absolutely fuck standing up all game at that high up.

Need a decent section close to the pitch if its going to be a home end so the players can feed off it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.