Moving location, standing & atmosphere arrangements in the new North Stand

From where I park now & getting away afterwards it's awful in SS3, even on a cup game when I've been moved to SS1 I get back to my car and it's not sitting on its own and I can fly home, so on a cost neutral move on the right side of the ground I may be tempted but I do enjoy seeing the whites of away fans eyes and giving them shit (FOC alert).

Would I move? Will I still be going in another 2/3 years? All depends on access to the ground sadly. I was hoping to be wandering about with a walking stick as I hit a ripe old age, got a few years to go to hopefully until that but, time and 'matchday' experience will tell.

Last edited:
Completely agree. I think this is one of the most important elements of the expansion.

We need to get this sorted out now and properly organised. Fan groups need to be involved.

The home end should be the second tier. 7,000 fans all stood up in one section - why wouldn’t we do that. Tifo Displays and noise levels would be great.

When we moved from Maine road this wasn’t thought about.
It’ll be more than that! 7700 seats going in, plus the second tier seats which are already there, if tier one is safe standing also, that’ll be 14,000 plus safe standing, Spurs have 6000 in their home end out of 17,000 seats….fwiw I think it will be epic, there will be some casualties from the current set up & these people should be looked after by the club, hopefully the consensus is safe standing all the way up

I wouldn’t like to be in charge of sorting this out. We need a fans’ commissioner to be elected to oversee the operation - I nominate Ian Cheeseman.

From our point of view it’s simple - we want a bouncing home end so we give first dibs to boisterous 18-30 yr olds, or to avowed singers and we give em cheap seats and we turn a blind eye to standing etc and the Kippax is reborn,

But what if as seems quite likely there aren’t enough 18-30 yr olds to fill such a huge stand so we sell tickets to Frederick and Georgina aged 32 who in an email to the club quite rightly point out that it seems unfair that Liam and Jordan who sit right next to them only paid half what they paid for their tickets and by the way is there anything that can be done to stop Liam and Jordan standing up the whole time and using such foul language. What if some of the avowed singers don’t really sing much at all but just fancied cheap seats. What if the cheap season tickets are allocated in the same dodgy way that away tickets are allocated and unscrupulous club employees buy them to sell on at a profit to agencies and we have pockets of empty seats dotted about for less glamorous games.
There's a lot of fans in that age bracket constantly on their phones and don't sing anything, I'm in the over 50's and sing my fucking heart out. It's not hard if your are vocal and going to make a difference you will make the move, obviously, availability and personal circumstances factored in.

Any concerns about fans not wanting to relocate to NSL2 are over.

The relocation will be over subscribed.

Many fans will miss out.

Once fans have a season ticket in NSL2, they will be staying there.

@Manchester33 @trevorriley

Forgive me if I'm wrong but think I've seen you guys say you've spoken directly with the club about fan migration into this new stand and creating a 'City end'.

Any current thoughts on how you see it working out?
Hey, yes we spoke to the club last year and they explained the plans (effectively what they've released today) - You'll probably be able to check either of our posts from the time for information.

The club stressed to us at the time that they wanted this expansion to create a 'home end'. They want it to be a vocal end. They did say that with a caveat of increased corporate sections elsewhere in the stadium being likely. Rail seating can go in level two as long as the angle of the stand is right.

As far as we understand, they genuinely haven't decided anything yet and want to hear from fans. They might ask singers to move to just level 1 or just level 2. They might move the entire family stand or just part of it. They might have the whole end with rail seats, or part or none.

We were told the club would ask us (1894) to help move fans into the extended stand to help generate atmosphere - but we don't have any firm details on what that looks like.

We obviously have feedback for the club (based on around 10 years of trying to improve the atmosphere), but we won't pretend to be representing everyone's views, so I'd encourage anyone who's interested to send their feedback to the club directly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.