Moving location, standing & atmosphere arrangements in the new North Stand

It’s really interesting reading some of the messages about the Kippax - as a younger fan I have grown up in the family stand and the people around us are great but I really want to sing and contribute to the atmosphere. I’ve been going in SSL1 for cup games, and me and my dad have contemplated moving because of the lack of singing around us; I’ve related to a lot of these messages in that now that I am able to go with my mates and I have a better idea of what’s going on I am itching to get into the singing stand and not feel judged for singing/shouting etc

Some of these ideas that are floating about sound really exciting - so long as we are not turfed out of the stand I am really looking forward to contributing to the atmosphere as I have wanted to do and tried to do for so long

Why would you need to select a seat? The best way to create a proper ‘end’ is to restrict a certain section to SC holders and having non-allocated seating meaning like minded fans would gravitate to one area like the old days leaving those less-vocal at the sides or wherever. Serie A grounds this is the norm, eg San Siro you just sit wherever once inside allowing ultras to group together and create atmosphere. Anything else is just basically what we have now - you might argue that all of SS1 are loyal/hardcore/long term fans, yet the grouping of singers is all over the place.
I agree, but guess how long the entire English game has wanted that & got nowhere ? Decades, this requires outside of the box thinking, I’m not saying the idea is the answer but it opens a pathway to sitting where you want to a certain degree. The authorities don’t want change, but you need to make proposals that at least gets it on the table, I’m sure the club would listen, I’m certain they have the tech to do it too. It would take 60 seconds to log on & choose a seat, and those that are organised & passionate about making an atmosphere would definitely mobilise to secure seats in an area they see as being the optimum for creating an amazing atmosphere. Review it at the end of the season, if it’s been successful you could either continue as is or allow people to lock in a seat they’d used say 10 times in that season, everyone gets the same opportunity, and there would be no favouritism to certain groups, which no doubt would get some moaning

I will be taking applications for people who wish to move to the north stand, my stand : )
I’ll except cash or chocolate.
I was gonna include sexual favours, but having seen some of you on match days I think I’ll give that a miss.

The safe standing needs to be in the bottom tier. We need to rid ourselves of a reputation as a club with empty seats and that stand is currently where the stain on our image comes from. Pack the lower tier and create the right impression. Have the singers upstairs and the stiffs on the lower tier and you lose atmosphere, intensity and impression.

The safe standing needs to be in the bottom tier. We need to rid ourselves of a reputation as a club with empty seats and that stand is currently where the stain on our image comes from. Pack the lower tier and create the right impression. Have the singers upstairs and the stiffs on the lower tier and you lose atmosphere, intensity and impression.

So what's the point of having a single larger upper tier then?

With this point, I reckon that replicating South Stand Level 1 at the back of the new NSL2 would improve the atmosphere if the roof is right. If the roof keeps all the noise in (like SSL3) and you had us all starting songs that are audible around the ground it would make a difference.
The 2 central blocks should be ‘reserved’ for singers & chanters.

If they are active & noisy the rest of the stand will join in because the atmosphere will spread.

Our away support is so good and intense, it may also be an idea to give them first dibs on relocating to the best seats in the central blocks based on their away attendance record.

I hope the club are really creative in their thinking, they only get one chance to get this right first time.

I think you're right in saying we could lose 'impression' by having the singers upstairs. But I think we would potentially lose the atmosphere by having them downstairs.

It's still early days, but I'd imagine a stand with around 10k fans under a roof designed to keep the noise in would make the Etihad hugely atmospheric (compared to roughly 3k fans in a tier with no roof).

We shouldn't base this decision on what looks good on tele. We should base it purely on atmosphere - which genuinely should help the team on the pitch.

The 2 central blocks should be ‘reserved’ for singers & chanters.

If they are active & noisy the rest of the stand will join in because the atmosphere will spread.

Our away support is so good and intense, it may also be an idea to give them first dibs on relocating to the best seats in the central blocks based on their away attendance record.

I hope the club are really creative in their thinking, they only get one chance to get this right first time.
Yeah, some interesting points there!

There are tons of things we could do. The club needs to set up points of blue-styled meetings with supporters to get the ideas on the table and see what is and isn't possible.

1894 are in contact with City and will offer to organise and chair those meetings.

The worst thing that can happen is the extension is flooded with the wrong type of fans and then we'll never have another opportunity for a proper, atmospheric home end.

Yeah, some interesting points there!

There are tons of things we could do. The club needs to set up points of blue-styled meetings with supporters to get the ideas on the table and see what is and isn't possible.

1894 are in contact with City and will offer to organise and chair those meetings.

The worst thing that can happen is the extension is flooded with the wrong type of fans and then we'll never have another opportunity for a proper, atmospheric home end.
There is sufficient time to obtain input from all relevant groups and to prioritise, organise and invite the most appropriate fans and locate them in the most suitable places.

As many have said the club only has one chance to get things right first time.

£300million + is a big price to get it wrong !!

And this includes relocating the away fans from SS3 round the corner into ESLower.

The club should do everything it can do now to give the fans what they need to drive the team on.

As Pep has said " No one gives us anything, we have to do it for ourselves " !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.