Moving location, standing & atmosphere arrangements in the new North Stand

Yeah, I don't think the 'family' concept has ever been the draw for parents who go in the NS. It's the price on the first tier and the view on the second. We know the view's not going anywhere - but cheaper ticket pricing is the one thing I would argue must be retained from the family stand concept. It's the best thing the club can do for the next generation.
From my point of view having 3 kids who have all had season tickets you are spot on, it saved me a fortune moving from Colin Bell stand to the North stand.

My dad used to bollock me for watching the kippax too much. I knew every song and I couldn’t wait to graduate from the Platt Lane with him to the Kippax with my mates. The first time I went on there was Charlton 85 which was definitely a baptism of fire.

Kids are still the same.
What a game for your first experience of the Kippax...fucking hammered !!

Safe standing appears to have been a success so it will probably be expanded and more clubs will have it on upper tiers by the time we expand the ground.

Would they want to pay the extra that City charge for the 2nd tier?

The club won’t do that. That will help the away teams attacking SSL1, where all their fans will be located. No Club in the PL gives away fans a full end on L1 behind the goal.

The best outcome like many of us have posted is to put the away fans in 109, 110, 111, the current away end, 114 and 115. That might fit 3000 away fans?

That then leaves the rest of SSL1 for home fans. And we would also get the away ends in SSL2&3 back.
100%.
It can be achieved at a low cost, improving safety without compromising away fans parking/ logistics.

This relocation would complete the reorganisation of the ground for the benefit of City fans for the long term

The question for me is where are City going to locate a new singing section on NSL2, front, middle, back?

And will people not in the singing section bother to sing?

Because reading through the posts, many people who probably have no interest in singing want to move to NSL2, just to be there. If that happens it will be another SSL1.

I appreciate 10,000 fans in NSL2 aren't all going to be singers.

We need a good 1000-1500 singers grouped together in NSL2 for a new singing section to work and to effect the rest of NSL2 and the ground.

I hate the "That's my seat" brigade. It's such a boring mentality.

I think the club should set up a system after the expansion where you buy a ticket for North Stand Level 2 (not a specific seat/row). A few days before the game (after taking into consideration tickets on the exchange, friends and family etc, the club allocates your seats (through the mobile tickets) and they can change from one game to the next. You still use the same turnstiles/entrances, but the seat changes.

That means that for groups like 1894, we can congregate groups of singers together to get things going. If other fans want to move closer to us and get involved they can. If you have a friend coming to the game the club would allocate you two seats together. If there are empty seats they can be grouped together for larger groups to book rather than singles dotted around the block.
For a safe standing section to work properly and create the best atmosphere supporters should be allowed to congregate where they like just like back in the days of standing on The Kippax. You buy a SC or match ticket for the stand to roam anywhere.

For a safe standing section to work properly and create the best atmosphere supporters should be allowed to congregate where they like just like back in the days of standing on The Kippax. You buy a SC or match ticket for the stand to roam anywhere.

That won't happen. Those days have long gone. How season tickets are sold rely on as much data as possible about season ticket holders. (and Citizen members) The club wants to know which person is in which seat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.