Moving location, standing & atmosphere arrangements in the new North Stand

That won't happen. Those days have long gone. How season tickets are sold rely on as much data as possible about season ticket holders. (and Citizen members) The club wants to know which person is in which seat.
Unless you're a scouser chucking stuff

That won't happen. Those days have long gone. How season tickets are sold rely on as much data as possible about season ticket holders. (and Citizen members) The club wants to know which person is in which seat.
I disagree JB - You'll know through our meetings with City that security are reluctant to give fans an inch on anything, but there are people on our side at City that agree with that type of idea.

I reckon a middle ground (like what I mentioned above - you still get assigned a seat, but it's more flexible) would be perfect and gives security what they want too.

The question for me is where are City going to locate a new singing section on NSL2, front, middle, back?

And will people not in the singing section bother to sing?

Because reading through the posts, many people who probably have no interest in singing want to move to NSL2, just to be there. If that happens it will be another SSL1.

I appreciate 10,000 fans in NSL2 aren't all going to be singers.

We need a good 1000-1500 singers grouped together in NSL2 for a new singing section to work and to effect the rest of NSL2 and the ground.
With this point, I reckon that replicating South Stand Level 1 at the back of the new NSL2 would improve the atmosphere if the roof is right. If the roof keeps all the noise in (like SSL3) and you had us all starting songs that are audible around the ground it would make a difference.

I disagree JB - You'll know through our meetings with City that security are reluctant to give fans an inch on anything, but there are people on our side at City that agree with that type of idea.

I reckon a middle ground (like what I mentioned above - you still get assigned a seat, but it's more flexible) would be perfect and gives security what they want too.

In an ideal world, mate. But the club will always side on fan safety, security concerns and fan data.

There's been a pretty big clamp down by the club and stewards on fans not being in their correct blocks and correct seats again. And as we know, 1 complaint can mean everyone is dispersed around the blocks.

As you say, a neutral singing section/block would be a good idea. People getting a season ticket in a singing section should be allowed to stand where they want to stand.

How the club and stewards police that and prevent fans who shouldn't be in that block going into that block would be difficult.

On the plus side there's 3 years to iron those ideas and issues out. :-)

Last edited:
With this point, I reckon that replicating South Stand Level 1 at the back of the new NSL2 would improve the atmosphere if the roof is right. If the roof keeps all the noise in (like SSL3) and you had us all starting songs that are audible around the ground it would make a difference.
You’re exactly right about where the noise needs to come from and the good news is that whole area is a blank canvas because they are all new seats. Announce and introduce this properly and I think this can revolutionise the atmosphere in the stadium. First dibs on those seats, before anything else, goes to vocal fans. You can broad-brush define these people by fans who sit in the current singing areas.

The question for me is where are City going to locate a new singing section on NSL2, front, middle, back?

And will people not in the singing section bother to sing?

Because reading through the posts, many people who probably have no interest in singing want to move to NSL2, just to be there. If that happens it will be another SSL1.

I appreciate 10,000 fans in NSL2 aren't all going to be singers.

We need a good 1000-1500 singers grouped together in NSL2 for a new singing section to work and to effect the rest of NSL2 and the ground.
Don’t see why the club can’t sell season cards for a block in the middle of the stand, with no seat numbers, you then log onto a portal and select your seat, which updates your sc with said seat number, allowing groups of singers/like minded supporters to sit together, it might end up a bit like musical chairs & some may get a bit territorial, but things would level out after a while

You’re exactly right about where the noise needs to come from and the good news is that whole area is a blank canvas because they are all new seats. Announce and introduce this properly and I think this can revolutionise the atmosphere in the stadium. First dibs on those seats, before anything else, goes to vocal fans. You can broad-brush define these people by fans who sit in the current singing areas.
Bollocks.

Our group of 5 are in ES3 Central and have a combined age of 327.

We'll put most of the singing kids to shame !

Don’t see why the club can’t sell season cards for a block in the middle of the stand, with no seat numbers, you then log onto a portal and select your seat, which updates your sc with said seat number, allowing groups of singers/like minded supporters to sit together, it might end up a bit like musical chairs & some may get a bit territorial, but things would level out after a while
Why would you need to select a seat? The best way to create a proper ‘end’ is to restrict a certain section to SC holders and having non-allocated seating meaning like minded fans would gravitate to one area like the old days leaving those less-vocal at the sides or wherever. Serie A grounds this is the norm, eg San Siro you just sit wherever once inside allowing ultras to group together and create atmosphere. Anything else is just basically what we have now - you might argue that all of SS1 are loyal/hardcore/long term fans, yet the grouping of singers is all over the place.

In an ideal world, mate. But the club will always side on fan safety, security concerns and fan data.

There's been a pretty big clamp down by the club and stewards on fans not being in their correct blocks and correct seats again. And as we know, 1 complaint can mean everyone is dispersed around the blocks.

As you say, a neutral singing section/block would be a good idea. People getting a season ticket in a singing section should be allowed to stand where they want to stand.

How the club and stewards police that and prevent fans who shouldn't be in that block going into that block would be difficult.

On the plus side there's 3 years to iron those ideas and issues out. :-)
Two years:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.