Moving the Away Fans!!!

mcfc1894

Right this topic is doing my head in. I've just been overlooking the last few pages of the 'The South Stand for Rags Game' thread. I've seen comments like why can't we move away fans into the areas of 112,111,110? The reason why is because of the lack of facilities in these areas. There's no bars and no ladies toliets in these areas! so obviously it will never work. so that can never ever be considered! The whole operation one end is a load of rubbish in me eyes. as i've said in the thread that was mentioned earlier, if you wanted the 'operation one end' when we moved to this stadium, you would all have got a season ticket in the north stand. i have a season ticket in 111 and i moved there because thats where the atmosphere is and i know the majority of people round me and in 116 moved to those areas for the same reason as me and that was to be near the away fans, where the atmosphere is. I'm fed up with the moving the away fans to the 3rd tier. i've sat there before, when sun jihai scored an own goal against boro in our first year at the stadium, and i must say not only is it the best view i have ever had, but if you was to put away fans up there, who stand up constantly and if they are lucky they see a goal, then the stand is that steep it will cause injuries. it's steep up there not as bad a villareal though but still in this day and age the old health and safety has to come in. We are undefeated at home in the year of 2011 so leave it as it is and please let this drop. CITY!!!

Why's it so steep that it could cause injuries for away fans celebrating a goal ?

Do people who sit there now not celebrate goals ?

It seems to me that a couple of hundred spotty teenagers equate a good atmosphere with posturing at away fans. I'm not criticizing them cos we've all been there and done that when we were younger but a good atmosphere happens when the whole stadium is bouncing and singing songs - it's largely irrelevant where the away fans are or if they're there at all

Santiago Street . said:
Why's it so steep that it could cause injuries for away fans celebrating a goal ?

It seems to me that a couple of hundred spotty teenagers equate a good atmosphere with posturing at away fans. I'm not criticizing them cos we've all been there and done that when we were younger but a good atmosphere happens when the whole stadium is bouncing and singing songs - it's largely irrelevant where the away fans are or if they're there at all

cos away fans celebrate goals like nutters like we do at away games and in the lowere tiers cos its safe to do so. up in the gods you jump up clap but don't jump around like in a mosh pit which is what happens on most aways

so whats your point? why doesn't the whole stadium sing? we sing our hearts out week in week out yet it only gets too about 109. if the rest joined in like you say we wouldn't have a problem, would we?

can we continue our discussion in here then mcfc1894

rather than bring up the other thread all the time.

i currently sit in 116 and to be honest i think we give the away fans to much, when we are on our game we can make it intimidating with it coming from both sides but IMO it would be better sticking them in 119-121 and having the south stand mostly to ourselves, the banter is still there but we get more like spurs home support get at white hart lane.

mcfc1894 said:
Santiago Street . said:

cos away fans celebrate goals like nutters like we do at away games and in the lowere tiers cos its safe to do so. up in the gods you jump up clap but don't jump around like in a mosh pit which is what happens on most aways

so whats your point? why doesn't the whole stadium sing? we sing our hearts out week in week out yet it only gets too about 109. if the rest joined in like you say we wouldn't have a problem, would we?

My point is that having away fans next to our singing section makes no difference to the overall atmosphere in the ground yet on a psychological level it benefits the away team to have an area of the ground full of friendly faces at pitch level, a benefit they wouldn't have if their fans were 300 yards away in level 3

mcfc1894 said:
Santiago Street . said:

what about us vs newcastle away or the rags in the semi?

in fact we aren't on ground level for any rags game away, that doesn't matter.

ban-mcfc said:

i currently sit in 116 and to be honest i think we give the away fans to much, when we are on our game we can make it intimidating with it coming from both sides but IMO it would be better sticking them in 119-121 and having the south stand mostly to ourselves, the banter is still there but we get more like spurs home support get at white hart lane.

we can't do that due to the facilities in the corners. i's been brought up in the points of blue meetings. I personally don't think we give them anymore than other grounds in the country. them, villa, spurs, newcastle, everton, norwich and wolves are the only grounds that have away fans either in the corner or at the side, yet wolves like today had away fans behind the goal. liverpool, chelsea (if full allocation not the 1,500), arsenal, swansea, bolton, wigan, blackburn, fulham, sunderland, QPR, stoke, WBA are all behind the goal. more that half the prem teams do this, yet we are undeafeted in 2011

mcfc1894 said:
ban-mcfc said:

we can't do that due to the facilities in the corners. i's been brought up in the points of blue meetings. I personally don't think we give them anymore than other grounds in the country. them, villa, spurs, newcastle, everton, norwich and wolves are the only grounds that have away fans either in the corner or at the side, yet wolves like today had away fans behind the goal. liverpool, chelsea (if full allocation not the 1,500), arsenal, swansea, bolton, wigan, blackburn, fulham, sunderland, QPR, stoke, WBA are all behind the goal. more that half the prem teams do this, yet we are undeafeted in 2011

well that being the case i don't know then, the atmosphere during league games is ok i suppose but if we were behind it would be shit.

we need an end of supporters all stood together to get it seriously good and i think moving the away fans up to level 3 is the only option.

ban-mcfc said:
mcfc1894 said:
ban-mcfc said:

well that being the case i don't know then, the atmosphere during league games is ok i suppose but if we were behind it would be shit.

we need an end of supporters all stood together to get it seriously good and i think moving the away fans up to level 3 is the only option.

Interesting how since City moved to Eastlands, the vast majority of goals have come in the North Stand.
It would be good if anyone can come up with the stats that say how many goals City have scored and conceeded in both ends at Eastlands.
This season, the three goals we have conceeded have ALL been in the South Stand.... coincidence???? Or just luck???

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
ban-mcfc said:
mcfc1894 said:

Interesting how since City moved to Eastlands, the vast majority of goals have come in the North Stand.
It would be good if anyone can come up with the stats that say how many goals City have scored and conceeded in both ends at Eastlands.
This season, the three goals we have conceeded have ALL been in the South Stand.... coincidence???? Or just luck???

Luck I think. We tend to score the majority of goals in the second half when the opposition tires or has to open up the game. Just depends on the sides chosen at kick-off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.